Talk

Advanced search

To love Geordie Shore?

(39 Posts)
debbs77 Wed 04-Jan-17 23:41:05

It's just so far removed from normal life, and I love it!

Ex on the beach is another one I like too

TitaniasCloset Thu 05-Jan-17 00:17:13

But why? Why do you love it?

My daughter watches this abd its just awful, I cannot understand the attraction. They are vulgar and quite stupid. I'm old and I just don't get it.

Orangebird69 Thu 05-Jan-17 00:22:11

Love it. So does dh. And The Valleys. And EOTB. Any other trash tv like that..

Heychickadee Thu 05-Jan-17 00:23:44

I love it. My boyfriend hates it. I don't know why!

kel12345 Thu 05-Jan-17 00:26:41

We love ex on the beach. We started watching it when both my husband and I knew someone in it (2 different people). So we watched it cause we knew them. Then got into it, so watched the new series the year after. Then missed it so started watching from the beginning. The new series is on from the 17th of January I believe. Can't wait.
It's my guilty pleasure every week- bottle of wine and popcorn for me, and a drink and snack for dh and that's us set each week.

ricecrispies16 Thu 05-Jan-17 00:44:03

Love geordie shore and ex on the beach!

GlitteryFluff Thu 05-Jan-17 01:05:00

I've found my people
grin
Though GS seems to be going down hill IMO
All started when Charlotte left.

Eevee77 Thu 05-Jan-17 01:09:01

it's absolute trash.
My favourite scene is when chloe gets clotheslined by a towel.

OliviaBensonOnAGoodDay Thu 05-Jan-17 01:17:24

Love EOTB. GS has lost its way I think, now the original cast has almost all gone.

I introduced DP to EOTB. He watched his first episode in silence, then at the end turned to me and said 'fucking hell, that was good wasn't it?' grin

LucyBabs Thu 05-Jan-17 01:21:33

I used to love GS but fuck me Chloe is an absolute bell end. I can't watch it anymore now.. Charlotte made GS.. she is funny without trying..
Ex on the beach is pure shite!

EatSpamAmandaLamb Thu 05-Jan-17 01:23:19

I love it. It's utter garbage and then people and experiences are so far removed from my life they might as well be aliens but my oh my is it interesting to watch.

Everyone needs their jaw dropped from time to time.

Eevee77 Thu 05-Jan-17 02:17:22

Yeah Charlotte was funny but I got bored of her acting like a loon around be gary

rhodes2015 Thu 05-Jan-17 02:57:19

Me too love all this shit tv!

AnotherTimeMaybe Thu 05-Jan-17 03:09:14

Geordie shore has been really boring lately - the last 4-5 episodes have been awful even Chloe wouldnt revive it
Ex on the beach fantastic but had enough of seeing Bear.....

LucyBabs Thu 05-Jan-17 03:19:53

Christ Chloe is the worst thing to happen to GS.
EOTB and fantastic shouldn't be in the same sentence grin

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Thu 05-Jan-17 08:03:29

Loved GS, but I didn't enjoy it when sophie got brought back. Didn't like chloe,Marty, or chantelle. And when charlotte I didn't watch the new series.
Gary has said he's ready too leave and Holly has said the same. It's no longer GS if the originals leave!

Jellybean83 Thu 05-Jan-17 08:11:56

My dirty little pleasure too, I watch it on my days off and not a single person knows that I do. I won't be watching it again though, not going to be the same. I have such a crush on Scotty T and I can't stand Chole she's such a bad drunk and doesn't quite get that just because she fancies someone that makes them 'hers'. And yes to EOTB as well blush

GinIsIn Thu 05-Jan-17 08:14:59

DH used to love GS, and I have watched it along with him but this will be the last series we bother with- it's just a bit shit now, and Chloe has killed it, pretty much.

Glitteryfrog Thu 05-Jan-17 08:16:02

I love it too! I think Charlotte will come back smile
And EOTB... But not when Lillie spent the whole series crying.

ClarissaDarling Thu 05-Jan-17 08:16:25

Oh have I missed a new GS series? Last one I saw was the end of the one with the Chloe/Marty saga. Do they have make up artists with them? Not my style but bloody hell do they scrub up well!

catsarenice Thu 05-Jan-17 08:21:37

I love all of these shows too! GS def not as good now the originals are older. Holly is so boring now - she was worse than Chloe in the first few series. I adore Scotty T and I really really really want Charlotte and Gary to get back together! I am fairly new to EOTB - watched the first one with Vicki and Ricki in but then missed a few but back on it and ready for new series. The Valleys was a real shocker - they behaved worse than in the first series of GS. I love all of them!

catsarenice Thu 05-Jan-17 08:22:34

Meant that Holly had worse behaviour than Chloe

scaredofthecity Thu 05-Jan-17 08:25:37

Another one who loved it but can't watch it now, it's just not the same. There was something about the nievity of the original cast as nobody could have guessed how big it would be. It seems the newer people (esp Chloe) are just trying to hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next series is the last.

EOTB oh yes! And are you the one as well, I love the kind of maths aspect blush my DH hates it all but for me it's just zone out and chill tv. No concentration required!

AQuietMind Thu 05-Jan-17 08:28:28

I used to love GS. I have watched every series apart from the latest one, well, I watched the first 3 episodes and didn't watch any more after that.
Its just not the same as it used to be.

PotteringAlong Thu 05-Jan-17 08:32:15

James from geordie shore's brother runs the greengrocer where I live tenuous claim to geordie shore fame

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now