Talk

Advanced search

To want accident reports?

(15 Posts)
Needfinsnow Wed 04-Jan-17 23:05:19

So my dd continually comes hone with scratches,bruises,cuts etc on face,neck,chest and back. And I get no accident form, she tells me what's happened.. Its not her falling and hurting herself..I don't mind the cut knees/elbows etc part and parcel of being a kid.. I do mind all the facial cuts and no accident reports..today she came home with cuts around her neck...would I be unreasonable to ask to see headteacher (I have photographs of most the bruises/cuts)?

NotStoppedAllDay Wed 04-Jan-17 23:15:27

What does she say has happened?

BackforGood Wed 04-Jan-17 23:21:03

How old?
I wouldnt expect an accident form, but with an unusual injury id expect a member of staff to have me tioned what happened (presuming dc is little)

Needfinsnow Wed 04-Jan-17 23:47:06

She is 5. I had them everytime she fell over last year (she is so clumsy)... But since Sept she's had most marks caused by other children and no medical treatment judging b6 accident slips they are meant to get if taken into medical room. She's had blood drawn by bites or scratches and rope burns around neck and has finger print bruises on wrists calves and ribs

Needfinsnow Wed 04-Jan-17 23:48:53

Oh and no staff tell me when I pick her up about any hurts

Bananabread123 Wed 04-Jan-17 23:55:22

If my daughter was coming home with bite marks that drew blood, bruises on wrists/ribs and rope burns around the neck (wtaf!!!), 'accident reports' would not satisfy me.... I'd be demanding to speak to the teacher about it urgently, and keep my child off school until they could demonstrate they are able to keep my dd safe!

Needfinsnow Thu 05-Jan-17 00:08:21

It sounds awful and .,.. I'm pleased you saw that,as school really don't. Its very unfortunate my dds class has so many difficult children in....

Bananabread123 Thu 05-Jan-17 00:13:30

It sounds really bad... your dad definitely should not be enduring that. That level and type of 'injury' is a safeguarding issue that must be addressed. If your teacher won't address you need to escalate it until someone takes action - you owe it to your dd.

BlackeyedSusan Thu 05-Jan-17 07:38:20

see the head. they are failing to meet your dd's needs and those of whichever child it is who is behaing that way.

Badhairday1001 Thu 05-Jan-17 07:43:27

That isn't normal, your DD should not be getting hurt in a regular basis by other children. My daughter is also 5 and other than a few scraped knees has had no other injuries. I am a teacher and can honestly say this needs looking at as something is very wrong. Your poor little girl!

SparklyLeprechaun Thu 05-Jan-17 09:11:19

I wouldn't expect an accident report other than for injuries that require some sort of first aid. But I would definitely expect to be told if my child was regularly hurt by other children. That's unacceptable.

WonderMike Thu 05-Jan-17 09:23:59

I'd keep a log with photos and dates and then ask for a meeting. You need to cover your back as well - what if someone says you have been hurting her?

AliceInUnderpants Thu 05-Jan-17 09:35:59

We have issues with receiving accident reports too, despite the headteacher saying he'll look into it as all treatment should be documented.

A rope being put around my child's neck - I'd expect a fucking phone call at the very least!

SantaIsABastard Thu 05-Jan-17 12:35:12

shock takes dates and photos and set up a meeting!

Bananabread123 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:36:52

A rope being put around my child's neck - I'd expect a fucking phone call at the very least!

Exactly! What the fuck happened there.... Sounds appalling and extremely dangerous. You must escalate this OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now