Talk

Advanced search

In regards to my lifestyle changes

(67 Posts)
OurMiracle1106 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:44:20

I really just need to rant. Im fed up of people's snide comments about how I'll end up sick or me changing my diet etc is why I've got the flu and I'm making myself ill!

I decided end of November to get fit, and change my junk food diet to healthy food.

I'm now getting comments as if I'm starving myself (see pic of tonight's dinner which obviously is me starving) and how that's why I've had flu for the last 3 days. I should add I've decided to try to lose weight in the hopes it will ease my endometriosis so there is a medical reason behind it.

Which obviously had nothing to do with said persons leaving me standing in the cold waiting for them for nearly an hour or the fact I work in a children's centre and this is the first illness I've had since I started 4 months ago. 😡

Just feel if people can't accept my lifestyle changes and have nothing positive to say about the weight I've lost they shouldn't say anything at all. I also got fed up with trying to be fed junk food over xmas even after repeatedly saying I don't want it.

Grilledaubergines Wed 04-Jan-17 21:48:41

if your meals are always like this, I'd say you are rapidly losing weight which is probably why the concern. That piece of chicken is very small in comparison with the veg.

Grilledaubergines Wed 04-Jan-17 21:49:57

Not trying to take away from your achievement though, sorry.

Well done for making big changes. But you do need sustenance from more than veg!

MadHattersWineParty Wed 04-Jan-17 21:51:18

Did you post it on social media?

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Wed 04-Jan-17 21:51:49

Don't post your dinners on social media hmm

QueenMortificado Wed 04-Jan-17 21:52:05

Lifestyle and diet changes are great, and well done for that

But in my experience, it's not necessary to tell absolutely everyone about your diet changes, not to snapchap your dinner. If you didn't mention it no one would comment on it so......

GoldenWondering Wed 04-Jan-17 21:52:32

Are you putting pictures of your meals on social media? How do people know about your lifestyle change?

OurMiracle1106 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:52:49

I normally have 2 bits of chicken that size. A steak or a cod fillet.

Their issue is I'll say no to KFC pizza etc in favour of something home cooked and no to drinking coke which was probably my downfall as I used to drink 3+ litres per day.

I've replaced it with fruit juice and water and a morning coffee

Believeitornot Wed 04-Jan-17 21:53:30

That meal doesn't look like much....
I'm a size 8/10 who does exercise and I'd be hungry after that.

Why are you posting your meals online?

travailtotravel Wed 04-Jan-17 21:55:06

Keep up the good work, and slowly drop the fruit juice (it's basically as bad as coke in terms of sugar!).

OurMiracle1106 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:55:50

It's been noticed more because I'm going shopping more often where as before I'd just buy takeaways so went shopping maybe a couple of times a month. Weight loss isn't noticeable.

The reason I put My dinner on social media was as I was told a few carrot sticks is not Enough.

SaucyJack Wed 04-Jan-17 21:56:40

Who is the person who is saying this? How do they know so much about what you're eating?

(Which looks fine btw- if a little bland)

MadHattersWineParty Wed 04-Jan-17 21:56:48

Hmm it does sort of seem like you might want to incite 'oh my goodness that's hardly any dinner' sort of response though.

QueenMortificado Wed 04-Jan-17 21:56:53

Don't talk about what you're eating, don't put pics on social media and you won't get comments

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 04-Jan-17 21:57:43

Just ignore and continue as you have been.

Tell me you're not putting photos of your dinner on Facebook though?

Lorelei76 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:58:40

Who are these critical people? Ignore them.
Well done btw, I'm losing weight too, it's not easy. I didn't eat dinner at all yesterday, wasn't hungry so no one's business but mine!

pklme Wed 04-Jan-17 21:59:29

That looks fine to me, the sweetcorn and peas are 'filling' veg, if you see what I mean. Legumes, so they have protein in if I remember rightly. People like to fret if you do something different. It makes them feel better to think you are doing it wrong. Hang in there.

bootygirl Wed 04-Jan-17 22:00:33

Endo is so hard. It's an autoimmune disorder. Eating healthy will only help. PS I am hoping to cut down on sugar from next week & try and lose weight. I have endo too

EggnogChai Wed 04-Jan-17 22:01:01

Don't send people pictures of your food direct to them on Snapchat then you won't get any comments.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 04-Jan-17 22:01:25

Just eating veg and a tiny portion of chicken isn't really enough... I'm not surprised people are commenting. What are your other meals like

OrangeSquashTallGlass Wed 04-Jan-17 22:01:48

Is that a duvet? Are you eating I'm bed? I would end up finding a rogue pea in the bed.

NotStoppedAllDay Wed 04-Jan-17 22:02:02

That's a high carb dinner

It's fine

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 04-Jan-17 22:02:06

The only times it's acceptable to post a photo of your dinner online is if you're at a Michelin star restaurant or if you're a serial killer on death row having your final meal before execution.

QueenMortificado Wed 04-Jan-17 22:02:48

To be fair, there will be quite a lot of calories and carbs in all those peas and sweet corn

OurMiracle1106 Wed 04-Jan-17 22:03:10

A couple of times I've put (achievement) meals on Facebook in past as in something I've never cooked before and has come out well but not this is breakfast lunch and dinner kind or Anything. Same as i don't put every time I go gym
On Facebook.

The person is one of my closest friends (is very slim naturally) and doesn't seem to realise my being over weight means it puts pressure on my endo (it's uteral sacral ligaments). It's hard when you spend a lot of time with someone to hide changes such as no KFC when they are used to you eating it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now