Talk

Advanced search

To think you shouldn't comment on people's decor if you're selling them something?

(13 Posts)
SidAndNancy Wed 04-Jan-17 20:38:08

Getting blinds fitted, man came over and recommend I get white so if I ever redecorate then it will always match

Because .., "you'll definitely want to decorate in here"

confused I'd decorated it 6 weeks ago.

I just think if I were selling something to someone... I wouldn't insult their decor

bunnylove99 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:40:19

Absolutely. What an idiot of a man. I would be surprised if he makes any sales!

TheCatsMother99 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:50:50

What?! Even if it was an absolute shit tip in terms of decor you just wouldn't say that!!

FatalKittehCharms Wed 04-Jan-17 20:51:43

Maybe he meant you would definitely want to redecorate at some point, because most people do?

SidAndNancy Wed 04-Jan-17 20:53:07

Maybe he meant you would definitely want to redecorate at some point, because most people do?

Sadly not. Because I did say well I've only just decorated and he became a little spluttery and red faced

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 04-Jan-17 20:54:05

I'd pick my own blinds/colours, fit them myself or get a local handypeep to fit them.

FatalKittehCharms Wed 04-Jan-17 21:03:01

Sadly not. Because I did say well I've only just decorated and he became a little spluttery and red faced

Ha, ok, he is an idiot. Now we need a pic of the room to assess and opine smile

ListenIda Wed 04-Jan-17 21:03:51

People can have really odd taste in interior decor, OP. Don't be disheartened. Our curtain fitter was used to flash git bachelor pads and because of the industry DH worked in (he'd come across him professionally), expected us to be similar. He was visibly taken aback by our decor, which is less black leather and chrome chandeliers than sanded floorboards, kilims and booklined walls. I don't think anyone had asked him for plain, heavy linen curtains before!

statetrooperstacey Wed 04-Jan-17 21:09:52

Oh dear, cheeky fecker, that is quite funny tho. Go on give us a pic.smile

SidAndNancy Wed 04-Jan-17 21:16:47

Definitely not posting a photo of my bedroom grin

I love it and regardless of how I decorated it, not everyone will love it.

Just think in his position if you don't like it then you keep your trap shut

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 04-Jan-17 21:17:00

Ps, I wouldn't get white blinds anyway, shows the marks up.

Reality16 Wed 04-Jan-17 21:25:34

Sensitive much.

TheCatsMother99 Wed 04-Jan-17 23:22:39

*Ps, I wouldn't get white blinds anyway, shows the marks up.*

Agreed. I had white curtains once. Awful awful decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now