Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to ask..

(7 Posts)
SuzieWoozieBeauty Wed 04-Jan-17 19:02:59

Long time lurker first time poster. Posting here for traffic, apologies!

I'm starting up a new beauty therapy business from home. And I'm pondering on the idea of an "open day" the day before I officially open. This would involve free food; finger sandwiches, scones, cupcake type stuff, prosecco, juice, tea/ coffee. An open house type thing, and including it in my advertising.

I plan to have a goodie bag of prices and offers, a loyalty card with a first free stamp, and a couple of beauty tester pots like nice creams, mini soap, stuff I'm selling.

Now I'm starting to ponder the sense of that idea, as opposed to just opening and advertising that all new guests get the goodie bag, perhaps for the first week, something like that.

Aibu to ask what you think? The open day would cost money that could be saved/ spent elsewhere; but if it will help my business then I don't mind spending it.

Would anyone actually come to something like this?

Peppapogstillonaloop Wed 04-Jan-17 19:05:45

I wouldn't do the open day I would do the goody bag for first customers.. they've got more impetus to book an approach then andyiu are not wasting money..

FishInAWetSuitAndFlippers Wed 04-Jan-17 19:08:40

If I were to do something like that I would invite people like wedding planners, maybe hotel owners, local hairdressers. People who will recommend you to multiple clients rather than people who you think will come for a treatment once every 4 or 5 months.

If you wanted to aim it at potential clients then you might be better placed spending the money on free gifts/discounts for people who actually book with you.

SuzieWoozieBeauty Wed 04-Jan-17 19:08:59

Oh such a good way to look at it! More incentive to actually book than just come, enjoy free food, and products, then forget about it! Thank you!

IwillrunIwillfly Wed 04-Jan-17 19:10:29

Personally I think your idea of just having the goodie bags for the first week etc is prob enough. You could have something like an opening day special where all customers get a glass of prosecco with their treatment and a special discount or something to try and get people through the door? Maybe everyone who books in the first week is entered into a prize draw for a free treatment? The open day could have so many people in your youse that it feels cramped and puts people off or you could spend a lot of money for not many people to come? Its a lovely idea to be thinking of your customers likes though so don't think its a bad idea, just might be a lot of work when like you said you could spend the money elsewhere. Good luck with it!

SuzieWoozieBeauty Wed 04-Jan-17 19:13:34

Yes fish I agree actually; better to spend that on people who book in. That way they have an incentive to book, hopefully be wowed by fab nails et al grin then re book if they like. Especially with the loyalty card.

Well that's a massive relief. It felt a bit of a, well unnecessary add on and extra stress; I can still do the goodie bag/ loyalty stamp/ glass of prosecco if they like etc, but more purpose to it!

SuzieWoozieBeauty Wed 04-Jan-17 19:16:12

Iwillrun; yes that's it too. The pressure of having either loads of strangers, or noone, when it can be done another way is exactly it.

That prize draw is an amazing idea! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now