Talk

Advanced search

To never let my children eat roast chicken skin

(274 Posts)
BubbleFairy Wed 04-Jan-17 18:29:38

So that I get it all to myself to scoff in the kitchen whilst carving the chicken? Crispy, juicy, amazing stuff. Not sure the kids even realise the chicken comes with a skin.......

Anononoo Wed 04-Jan-17 18:31:08

Ha ha. Thought you were going to say because it is all toxic or unhealthy etc.

dowhatnow Wed 04-Jan-17 18:31:58

None of us ever eat it. Don't fancy eating skin for some reason or other.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 04-Jan-17 18:32:46

Mine refuse point blank to eat it.

confusedandemployed Wed 04-Jan-17 18:32:48

Mmmm YANBU. Chicken skin is all mine I this house!

whyohwhy000 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:32:53

YABU - give it to me!

Crikeyblimey Wed 04-Jan-17 18:33:00

My friend tells her kids she buys skinless chickens!! wink

Wolfiefan Wed 04-Jan-17 18:33:02

I never serve mine up. Awful unhealthy stuff. that I scoff secretly in the kitchen

MakeItRain Wed 04-Jan-17 18:33:19

Yanbu grin Luckily my kids hate the skin so I can always feel very generous asking "anyone fancy some skin?" safe in the knowledge I'll be able to pile the lot on my plate!

Seeingadistance Wed 04-Jan-17 18:33:24

You're quite right! Scoffing the chicken skin (oh, feel so hungry for it now!) is definitely a perk for adults only.

Pestilence13610 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:34:33

I also thought you may be another hygeine nutter and not willing to let germs near your precious babies.
Unreasonable? maybe. A bit mean? yes, but you do have a point.

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 04-Jan-17 18:34:57

Sometimes I consider roasting a chicken just for the skin. YANBU.

FishSauce555 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:36:35

Roast chicken in a Thai style rub. Lemon, fish sauce and garlic. Baste the thing in it.

Thank me later. It's insanely good.

MycatsaPirate Wed 04-Jan-17 18:36:50

Yanbu! I do the cooking and carving, I get the skin!!

Ditto when the pork has lovely crunchy crackling with that little layer of fat underneath - it's like a small skirmish takes place in the kitchen with dp and DD2 trying to grab bits and me waving the carving knife about and yelling at them to get out from under my feet so I can sneak a bit for myself before dividing it up

bigkidsdidit Wed 04-Jan-17 18:37:26

The cook gets it all in this hosue. Chicken skin rubbed with oil and salt is probably my no1 food

BubbleFairy Wed 04-Jan-17 18:37:54

Oh god no, I am the furthest from a germ nutter that you can get! I would make MNers cry with my habits grin

Up there with skin is crackling. Sadly DS1 developed a taste for that at bastards Toby carvery, so I have no chance of hiding it round him. The boy also eats pork scratchings through choice.

It's why i have to hide the skin. I know he'd love it. And steal it from me.

Cooked one at DPs at Christmas and he stole some when I was carving. I almost chopped his finger off I was so aghast. No wonder we still live apart.

CoraPirbright Wed 04-Jan-17 18:38:20

Yanbu. It's called "cook's perks"!!

PlayOnWurtz Wed 04-Jan-17 18:38:41

I don't let anyone have a look in and also have the thighs so I get more skin blush

Scribblegirl Wed 04-Jan-17 18:40:03

Oh OP, you are cruel to all of us New Year dieters, who have lone skinless chicken breasts grilling as we speak for a meagre salad... <narrows eyes at the OP for starting this and making me want skin>

BubbleFairy Wed 04-Jan-17 18:40:33

Ooh crispy chicken thigh skin. Heaven.

I've just had an email from Asdas new slimtaste line. They know don't they???

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 04-Jan-17 18:40:44

I thought you were protecting your little darlings from the evils of fatty chicken skin. But I see you are in fact snaffling it all for yourself and I wholeheartedly approve!

<wipes chicken grease from chin>

BubbleFairy Wed 04-Jan-17 18:41:43

Oh scribble, I am meant to be one of those new year dieters. I even had the turkey salad at lunch, and no carbs with my chicken and veggies tonight. But sadly undid it all at afternoon tea scoffing a cream scone. Tomorrow is only the 5th day of 2017 right??

fitzbilly Wed 04-Jan-17 18:41:43

YANBU

I love the skin. Sadly my in laws think it is the work of the devil and throw it away, on Christmas day I watched all the lovely skin was picked of and thrown away and I almost cried

NewtScamandersNaughtyNiffler Wed 04-Jan-17 18:42:37

Pescetarian ds1 said chicken skin is the thing he misses most since. Followed closely by gammon.

MissStein Wed 04-Jan-17 18:42:39

YANBU. Ds was 13 before he realised chicken came with skin and its only because he meandered into the kitchen and asked what i was eating and I had to give him a bit. Needless to say, whenever we are having roast chicken dinners, he now makes a point of coming into the kitchen before the food is served up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now