Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to not do all the cooking again

(8 Posts)
Cocopopsrule Wed 04-Jan-17 13:34:44

Yesterday we tidied up and I cooked a nice meal for DH's mate and girlfriend incuding prep clean up as our table is in the kitchen. After an hour had passed DH finally rings them and apparently there was a mix up and DH got the day wrong which he acknowledges and said sorry. They are coming today. Today he is out and I am on holiday with toddler DD. But i dont feel like cooking everything again - I want to loaf around with DD on my day off. AIBU to just do the meat and leave the sides prepped for DH to do when he gets in from work?

ThisThingCalledLife Wed 04-Jan-17 14:19:20

not at all.

As for 'got the day wrong' hmm Sounds more like your dh covering up for his mates fuck up.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Wed 04-Jan-17 14:21:15

Why would you have done it anyway? No yanbu, your DH can do it. You're doing more than I would by doing the meat!

Cocopopsrule Wed 04-Jan-17 15:07:30

Thanks! Off to play with dd and ignore vegetables.

rollonthesummer Wed 04-Jan-17 15:10:45

I would have cancelled!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 04-Jan-17 15:12:32

Can't you just microwave yesterday's stuff?

NavyandWhite Wed 04-Jan-17 15:21:02

Takeaway? I'd be dammned if I'd be expected to cook everything again.

Cocopopsrule Thu 05-Jan-17 11:08:58

King that would have indeed been the smart thing to do but We'd already eaten our half in cool silence before I thought of it so not enough left for the next day for 4 plus dd.l. I left DH to get on with the sides and laying the table and all the washing up. We're good again now and had a nice evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now