Talk

Advanced search

To sniff my wheelie bin

(9 Posts)
LittleMissUpset Wed 04-Jan-17 11:09:21

Yes I realize I am strange grin

But my neighbour has a wheelie bin cleaner come once a month, and I got my bin done today for the first time (had the bin for years) and it smells amazing, my neighbour did say it smells fantastic like stardrops cleaner.

So I've just been out and given it a good sniff blush and it smells amazing, just hope no one saw me grin

MissMatchedSocks Thu 05-Jan-17 00:58:31

I'm so glad I look at Unanswered Messages sometimes grin

But I need to know why you need a nice smelling wheelie bin? And how much does it cost? And what made the wheelie bin cleaner set up in this line of business?

UserOne Thu 05-Jan-17 04:57:10

And what made the wheelie bin cleaner set up in this line of business?

That's what I'd like to know too. So weird that anybody even came up with it, weird that anybody decided they needed this service and looked up somebody who did it. And weird that people now sniff their bins.
But i also want a wheelie bin cleaner now.

BusterGonad Thu 05-Jan-17 05:34:36

I used to pop a bottle of thin bleach around the rim of mine every few months, it's not the same but helped with the grim and smells.

LittleMissUpset Thu 05-Jan-17 08:36:37

It's not a bad business to be fair, it's £3 and he comes once a month, our bin was getting a bit smelly in the summer, and a neighbour mentioned she had hers done, otherwise I never would have thought of it grin

dollydaydream114 Thu 05-Jan-17 11:13:53

Wheelie bin cleaners are not a new or unusual thing - there's been one round my parents' way for about 25 years! We have one where we live now; he comes once a fortnight after the bin men and cleans whichever bin or bins have just been emptied. He charges £2.50 a time and from what I can gather pretty much everyone in the street uses his services.

The food/garden waste in particular gets pretty gross and whiffy if it's not cleaned regularly and cleaning out a bin is a pretty grim job so I'm delighted to pay someone else to do it.

Our bins don't have to be stored close to the house any more, but in our old place they had to be kept right under the kitchen window and if they started to smell or attract flies it was completely rank.

WorraLiberty Thu 05-Jan-17 11:17:24

God yes I was about to say, my friend has had a wheelie bin cleaner for about 15 years.

I wish we had them around here as it would save me hosing it down every couple of months.

wasonthelist Thu 05-Jan-17 11:21:01

YANBU to sniff yours as long as IANBU never to have cleaned (or got anyone else to) any of my wheelie bins ever.

dannyglick Thu 05-Jan-17 11:27:56

I am obsessed with inspecting and sniffing our wheelie bin since I found maggots in it in the summer ( ours is only emptied once every two weeks).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now