Talk

Advanced search

To ditch my boring name?!

(12 Posts)
ShootingQuadrantids Wed 04-Jan-17 00:46:04

My user name was justkeepongoing but I think it made me sound passively downtrodden and put upon. Anyway I feel a new year deserves a new attitude so I've plumped for a celestial name change given our current astrological mapping! Has anyone else changed usernames just for the shear hell of it and not just to remain anonymous?

UnbornMortificado Wed 04-Jan-17 00:47:53

I was on a thread about name stealing and this ones just stuck.

Love the new name smile

Butterymuffin Wed 04-Jan-17 00:49:19

Yes, have done it just for a change!

I know nothing about astrological mapping - tell us more if you want! (Not if you don't or it spoils the anonymity)

Manumission Wed 04-Jan-17 00:49:54

I don't understand the astrological reference but it sounds intriguing smile

ShootingQuadrantids Wed 04-Jan-17 00:50:12

Thanks Unborn love yours too. I should be sleeping but this name change malarkey has given me a buzz!

ShootingQuadrantids Wed 04-Jan-17 00:52:14

Quadrantids = meteor shower it's happening tonight. Sadly a bit cloudy where I am!

Manumission Wed 04-Jan-17 01:12:28

Oh! Astronomical then? It's cloudy as hell here.

ShootingQuadrantids Wed 04-Jan-17 08:17:26

Oops yes astronomical NOT astrological, how remiss of me! I got too excited and autocorrect took over. I really love stargazing it's a bit of a hobby. I've convinced DH to take an Astronomical Photography couse as he's into photography!

Manumission Wed 04-Jan-17 08:26:00

I've given up fighting autocorrect. Resistance just makes it more vicious grin

I didn't know Astronomical photography was a thing. Do you use a computer programme? Or 'just' a telescope/camera arrangement?

ShootingQuadrantids Wed 04-Jan-17 08:43:38

Manu not too sure, the course starts in a couple of weeks but he has both a telescope and camera. I'll let you know once he's started

Manumission Wed 04-Jan-17 08:45:25

Yes, come back and tell us. Sounds fascinating.

moonchild77 Wed 04-Jan-17 08:47:12

Yes I changed mine the other day just because.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now