Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be horrified shocked disgusted AND revolted by family on sofa?

(239 Posts)
LauraMipsum Tue 03-Jan-17 19:01:03

Just got back from a trip to extended family and was HORRIFIED to find that they sit on their bottoms on the sofa, often with only one or two layers of material between skin and chair. PIL don't even wipe it down with anti bac wipes in between different people plonking their backsides down.

WIBU to stand for the entire visit of two weeks? My knees hurt and my face aches from scowling.

CockacidalManiac Tue 03-Jan-17 19:01:59

TAAT?

Soubriquet Tue 03-Jan-17 19:02:20

I don't even touch the floor

I float on my angel wings

LauraMipsum Tue 03-Jan-17 19:03:37

Those wings need dusting soubriquet

deliciousMOISTturkey Tue 03-Jan-17 19:04:24

We practice transcendential meditation.

Soubriquet Tue 03-Jan-17 19:05:31

How very dare you!! I'll have you know I'm perfectly innocent here grin

SparkleShinyGlitter Tue 03-Jan-17 19:05:39

People sit on sofa [sofa]
People don't anti bac between everyone sitting on sofa shock

Maybe find something fun to do in life and not worry over this?

Sparkletastic Tue 03-Jan-17 19:06:11

I keep my DCs with wrapped in cling film at all times. Filthy buggers.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Tue 03-Jan-17 19:07:21

YABU. Sit on a steralised sandwich bag FFS.

JinnanTonik Tue 03-Jan-17 19:07:28

God! What if they fart!!! Oh the humanity!

morningtoncrescent62 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:07:32

I hope you change that cling film several times a day, Sparkle. Wearing antiseptic gloves.

MummyToThree479 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:09:01

What do you think sofas are for? confused I hate to break it to you but people tend to sit on them

Who uses anti bac everytime someone gets up fro the sofa? Why? Just why? My sofa is a soft material not leather so I'm not really sure spraying it damp with chemicals everytime is a great idea anyway tbh

Stand when you visit, be a sour faced bag in the corner I don't have to put up with you

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:09:04

Oh god, they sound worse than the double dipping, cotton cloth using, bin wiping mingers I've read about today. I would get myself a protective boiler suit (breaking bad stylee) and only sit on the sofa when wearing that. You will need several as you'll need to take it off when getting up from sofa and put on a fresh one when sitting back down - otherwise you might as well be rolling around in dog filth. And go nc with PIL after this - they sound grim beyond words! grin

dawnc27 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:09:08

id hate to tell you about some of the things that have been done on my sofa then....

Bitofacow Tue 03-Jan-17 19:10:24

My mil cleans the kitchen with her hands. Oh yes she uses rubber gloves but her hands are in the gloves. Dirty cow. I am REVOLTED.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 03-Jan-17 19:10:58

Go nc but only after writing them a long letter pointing out their misdeeds

Pinkheart5915 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:11:11

Me too dawnc27 wink

most people sit and do other things on sofas deal with it

StartledByHisFurryShorts Tue 03-Jan-17 19:11:11

I have encompassed myself and dcs in germ-repellent plastic bubbles. It's only sensible, really.

Although, I do occasionally lick the butter from potatoes with my tongue before serving to guests. Just for balance.

RebelRogue Tue 03-Jan-17 19:11:37

I know people that have sex on the sofa! With no clothes on..or condoms! Oh the horror fshockfshock

ABeaverAteMyThumb Tue 03-Jan-17 19:13:29

We buy a new sofa every day. It gets expensive, but it's worth it.

WalkerBait Tue 03-Jan-17 19:13:39

Dc 3 and 4 were conceived on a sofa fwinkfblushhalo

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 03-Jan-17 19:13:39

What doe your dh do? I suggest you don't have a mil problem but a dh problem. Ask home 'did you mean to be so rude", then burn the sofa and ltb. I suggest you read ' why I am right and all my relatives are cunts' by jeneric selfhelpshite

roundtable Tue 03-Jan-17 19:13:57

grin I was waiting for one of these threads to appear.

Your extended family sound like filthy bastards. Boil wash your clothes - then put them in the bin - and then set fire to it.

It's the only safe way to stay uncontaminated and pure.

Bananabread123 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:14:57

Disgusting... Sofas should be wrapped in cling film and only then sat on it you've antibac sprayed the bum of your wipe clean trousers. I expect they breathe air straight into their mouths too... without breathing apparatus!

Mrsglitterfairy Tue 03-Jan-17 19:17:45

They sound like animals. Please don't tell me they all use the same toilet too? Without a new seat on every time? 😷

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now