Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to ask for a discount?

(6 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Tue 03-Jan-17 18:24:45

My vehicle broke down recently and couldn't be repaired but fortunately I managed to find a decent replacement. The seller (a dealership) is quite a distance from me so we arranged delivery for Wednesday. I made it known to him that I needed it asap as I need transport for work and uni.

I messaged him today to ask what time they would be turning up and get told that actually, they made a mistake with staffing and I won't get it till Thursday now.

I am really upset and angry. I know it seems insignificant as it's only an extra day but I had things planned and shifts at work based on me being mobile that I now have to cancel and rearrange.

Wibu to ask for a discount for the inconvenience? Or at least to let them know how disappointed I am?

harderandharder2breathe Tue 03-Jan-17 18:51:42

As long as you do it politely and accept it if they say no, then by all means ask

If not a discount they might throw in the mats for foot wells or some other extra

GreenTureen Tue 03-Jan-17 18:53:36

If you don't ask, you don't get. I enjoy a good haggle though smile

KnittedBlanketHoles Tue 03-Jan-17 18:54:58

Yanbu, you might as well ask.

MrsDoylesTeabags Tue 03-Jan-17 19:06:30

Do it, get your poker face on and be cheeky, the worse they can say is no

BoysaDearyMe Tue 03-Jan-17 19:06:33

Why don't you ask for a courtesy car for Wednesday, as you have plans requiring a car and given their mistake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now