Talk

Advanced search

I only want to help

(18 Posts)
didavluvlylife Tue 03-Jan-17 15:48:19

My DD is 17 in 6th form doing great. she has long hair but on her scalp has what looks like a white crust. Around 6 months ago I finally got her the doctors he gave her cream which has not worked. The scale has now come and gone from her neck but is now on her eye. My question is should I carry on pushing for us to go back to the doctors. She's so adamant she doesn't want to as the cream didn't work. But I can't help feeling what if it spreads more. She's 17 and if I bring it up it causes arguments which is pointless. Any ideas thanks

didavluvlylife Tue 03-Jan-17 15:49:55

Sorry wrong topic. But AIBU to keep saying we need another trip to the doctors?

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 03-Jan-17 15:52:38

If that didn't work then yes of course she should be going back. They need to find out what it is especially if it has travelled to her eye! She could end up being blinded by an infection.

comingfortocarrymehome Tue 03-Jan-17 15:52:38

I think she's old enough to make her own decisions about her health, assuming no SN etc. You've suggested it; she knows you're there for her and you're concerned. I'd leave it at that.

didavluvlylife Tue 03-Jan-17 15:59:10

Thanks, yes just hope it doesn't spread.

haveacupoftea Tue 03-Jan-17 16:49:00

Yeah, my mum would have had to boot my arse into the doctors at that age, glad she did.

DeeNR Tue 03-Jan-17 18:24:26

Not unreasonable. What did the doctor reckon it was?

CaraAspen Tue 03-Jan-17 18:28:41

Of course she needs to go back to get another cream, possibly. Skin problems can be hard to treat and often it seems to be a case of trial and error.
You are right to be concerned about it spreading. It may have been triggered by something she is allergic to or to which she has become allergic.
So yes, return to the GP.

TimeToChangeFor2017 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:31:20

Could it be psoriasis?

glentherednosedbattleostrich Tue 03-Jan-17 18:39:26

Its taken us 18 months to find a treatment regime to suit dds eczema.

She needs to go back and keep trying different combo's

didavluvlylife Tue 03-Jan-17 20:21:16

Thanks doctor said maybe psoriasis that was months ago though. She makes a laugh an joke about it with me an db. She has lovely long hair which she has out all the time so it is hidden from anyone not family. One night she picked it all off it was red raw but it grew back by morning! I can't just leave it I'm going to tell her we have to go back. Iv read stress inflames it so I hardly mention it but saying nothing doesn't seem right either..

alphabettyspaghetty Tue 03-Jan-17 20:27:36

Go go go to the doctors. I can send her horror pictures of what it's like to have a raw red bleeding scalp through psoriasis. Or my back which bleeds daily. Or the state of my nails which have all succumbed to psoriasis.
Or the fact that I can't wear any makeup as the psoriasis on my face weeps

Will that make her go?

didavluvlylife Tue 03-Jan-17 20:45:08

Think il tell her that! I just don't want to her to worry. We are a family of worriers anyway thanks to my mum, but iv got to bring it up I can't leave it. Make up covers the bit on her eye like she tells me but that's not the point. Sorry to hear about your condition, hope you have it under control as best you can x

Testificateman Tue 03-Jan-17 20:52:53

If it is on her eyes now, she needs to go to the doctors ASAP, if not sooner. It could cause all sorts of problems with her eyes, and could be painful, or worse.

alphabettyspaghetty Tue 03-Jan-17 21:01:52

Definitely don't leave it. Especially on her eye. It could be psoriasis it could be something else but either way it needs checking.

Ask for a referral to a dermatologist too. Mine has been a lifesaver

maddening Tue 03-Jan-17 21:02:32

Take her to the go and ask to be referred to dermatology

redcaryellowcar Tue 03-Jan-17 21:14:51

I had psoriasis when I was doing my a levels, think it's a very stressful time, definitely time to look after her.

DeeNR Tue 03-Jan-17 22:38:02

Definitely not unreasonable to take her back. It could be something else and really easy to treat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: