Talk

Advanced search

More of a WWYD (boring, sorry)

(4 Posts)
happynewyearchum Tue 03-Jan-17 13:23:56

A family friend sends me a Christmas card/birthday card each year, usually with some money in.

I am writing thank you cards and I cannot remember at all if there was money it, usually I would have put it under the tree but the card is up and I don't recall any money. However, my brother was given the usual card so I don't know if it's just they've stopped (which would be fine) or I've misplaced the money.

WWYD?

My top thought is to send a generic thank you and not make direct reference to possible gift but then I'm worried they may be baffled.

Anyone done this and come up with a solution?

HairsprayBabe Tue 03-Jan-17 13:31:41

Go with the generic thank you, better they think you are slightly over enthusiastic with the thank you's than a bit rude.

notanetter Tue 03-Jan-17 13:36:16

"Thank you for thinking of me at Christmas; it's always good to hear from you."

Mumoftwoyoungkids Tue 03-Jan-17 14:34:04

This reminds me of dd's third birthday when she helpfully opened some of her presents from the party and I was left trying to guess which cards went with which presents. Luckily it was at the height of her "Ben and Holly" phase so most guests got "thank you for the lovely Ben and Holly things you got Dd" with me having no clue which lovely B&H things they were!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now