Talk

Advanced search

To want my house guest gone...

(111 Posts)
876TaylorMade Tue 03-Jan-17 13:12:50

This was my DH's idea....she's here for 3 months!!!
It's annoying me now.

He's also away...he'll be back tomorrow. I'm pregnant and have a toddler... Tired of hosting FFS! I keep having to bite my tongue.. but I want her gone really.

She has rearranged my kitchen ... I'm searching all over to find my things.

She saunters in and cooks what she wants... not a problem. But when making dinner I ask what she doesn't eat she says she'll eat anything. Yet still goes in and makes her own food... She never does this when my DH is here...

We all got horrendous diarrhoea when she made dinner for us all... hence the reason I don't want her food.

She never uses the dishwasher... I've asked. As I believe it saves energy & water.... We run it every two days anyway as its just the three of us normally. But I haven't been able to...and keep having to run half empty loads...as the smell gets too much.

She never uses the washing machine... or refuses to have her things washed with ours. fucking waste!

I've heard her on the phone discussing me... It was 2am, I couldn't sleep...went to the bathroom and overheard.

She torments plays with my DD... the child is always bloody screaming when she goes around her... and not a playful scream. I dont know what to say...

She seems "nice" otherwise...

876TaylorMade Tue 03-Jan-17 13:13:18

To add...

I feel judged in my own home...

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Tue 03-Jan-17 13:14:01

Hotel?

PurpleDaisies Tue 03-Jan-17 13:14:17

Who is she and why is she with you?

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 03-Jan-17 13:15:11

Is she a relative? Soon to be ex friend?
How much longer is she meant to be staying?

You need to have much clearer house rukes

TimeToChangeFor2017 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:15:35

She needs to go and the time to deal with it was when she was talking about you.

Deal with it now, before he comes back. Tell her you heard her talking about her. Tell her she has to go.

gamerchick Tue 03-Jan-17 13:16:10

How long has she been there for and why 3 months?

I think I would be packing a suitcase, gathering up my kids and telling my bloke to let me know when houseguest has gone home in your shoes.

MissBattleaxe Tue 03-Jan-17 13:16:12

you have every right to move her on and mover her out. never mind being polite- she's not bothered about considering you, is she? Just say " It's time for you to move on. Whatare your plans?"

I'd be fuming with your DH for dumping this on you too.

Celaena Tue 03-Jan-17 13:17:10

well who is she? and why is she staying with you?

Cosmicglitterpug Tue 03-Jan-17 13:20:08

What did she say when she was discussing you?

Tell her to leave. It's your house and you're pregnant with looking after a small child.

witchofzog Tue 03-Jan-17 13:20:52

You and your dd's needs in your own home trump the needs of this woman. Bet she is your mil? You will be told on here (if she is) that you have a dh problem if he won't support you. Which is right in a way. She does not follow normal house rules, undermines you behind your husband's back, is disrespectful to you and upsets your daughter. She needs to go and your husband needs to see having her stay for 3 months (3 months shock) is not going to work at all. Hope you sort it as I would hate this too

humblesims Tue 03-Jan-17 13:21:04

Three months is not a house guest, thats a lodger.

Dragongirl10 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:21:33

Why on earth are you hosting this person, is she family? You do not have to, so either set some strict ground rules or give her a week to leave.

She is beyond rude and disrespectful, put foot down hard!!

Lonelyatxmas Tue 03-Jan-17 13:21:59

Who is she?

EZA15 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:22:37

Why is she there?!

HouseworkIsASin10 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:24:16

Did she plan to stay 3 months or has it just dragged on?

Ilovecaindingle Tue 03-Jan-17 13:25:01

Is your dh trying to move his ow in on the sly??
(suspicious mind wirring confused)

QueenofallIsee Tue 03-Jan-17 13:26:27

If she is your MIL then say that - it DOES have a bearing on what you do

Bluntness100 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:29:02

I think you need to clarify who she is, why she is staying so long and why your husband invited her.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 03-Jan-17 13:29:04

I'm guessing a sibling or cousin. It's been long enough. If she was supposed to be a sort of companion or help to you with DD as part of the arrangement, that's obviously failed. It's your home too, why bite your tongue.

Potnoodlewilld0 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:29:42

Who is she?

You can kick her out you know. You just say get the fuck out ' you need to leave now'

bloodymaria Tue 03-Jan-17 13:30:24

How do people get themselves into these positions? OP be assertive and get her out of your home.

Soubriquet Tue 03-Jan-17 13:30:40

Why is she there?

Make her leave today! Your dh is away and it's the perfect time without him interfering

bigbuttons Tue 03-Jan-17 13:31:21

Tell her it's not working and she needs to find some where else to live.

Soubriquet Tue 03-Jan-17 13:31:35

So gotta be your MIL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now