Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be worried that my DD (3) hasn't 'been' for over 24 hours

(24 Posts)
lozzylizzy Tue 03-Jan-17 12:02:00

Toilet training isn't going all that well, she is very stubborn but she starts pre school nursery on Thursday!!! (They said to bring her in pants and if she has an accident then so be it)

Anyway I dressed her yesterday at around 10 (she got up quite late) and put her some pants on. She had a few attempts at going to the toilet through the day but nothing actually happened. I bathed her about 7 and put her to bed in a nappy. Still dry this morning.

Dressed her before taking DSs to school (in pants again) and up to now she STILL hasn't been for either. It has been at least 26 hours.

Can she cause damage to herself? I don't want to give in and put a nappy on but then I don't want her holding it so long.

BarbarianMum Tue 03-Jan-17 12:16:38

She must be very dehydrated if she hasn't wee'd for so long. Give her lots of big drinks and nature will take its course. Is she scared of the toilet? Would a potty help?

JsOtherHalf Tue 03-Jan-17 12:33:23

Could she have urinated in the bath last night?

allowlsthinkalot Tue 03-Jan-17 12:35:16

She hasn't had a wee? I'd really up the fluids, go for 'treat' drinks, squash over water if she doesn't normally have that. She's likely to down a lot of that.

Badhairday1001 Tue 03-Jan-17 12:39:22

My 3 year old ended up in hospital on a drip after not weeing for 24 hours, she was dehydrated due to having a sore throat. It was the dehydration that was the problem so definitely push the fluids.

Juanbablo Tue 03-Jan-17 12:39:25

I agree I would be worried if that was my child. Encourage her to drink a lot and surely she will go?

lozzylizzy Tue 03-Jan-17 12:43:54

She has just had two big beakers of weak squash since about 10am (about 300ml cup) and a small plastic beaker of milk with her breakfast. Yes she may have gone in the bath why didn't I think of that? (Ill not say anything to her brother as he was in there with her - he's 4) She doesn't mind sitting on the toilet and goes through the motions, pretending to wipe, flushing and washing hands just nothing comes out.

I am at a loss as she is usually very good at communicating but the toilet thing is proving difficult.

lozzylizzy Tue 03-Jan-17 12:46:48

Ive just looked and she hasn't really touched the second. So she has had about 300ml and the small amount of milk. Is that enough? My other kids haven't ever been big drinkers but they always went to the toilet enough

DesignedForLife Tue 03-Jan-17 12:49:14

If she hasn't had a visible wee since 10am yesterday you need to take her to a Doctor pronto.

Sillybillybonker Tue 03-Jan-17 12:50:57

Give her a big glass of her favourite drink - then see what happens.

Gymnopedies Tue 03-Jan-17 12:55:54

She probably had a wee in the bath. When DS has refused to go (been away at a hotel with no potty for example) I've popped him in the shower to pee. I think the sound of running water helps.
She doesn't sound ready for pants at pre school though, may be she could have pull ups?

Ohyesiam Tue 03-Jan-17 13:26:49

Get her to a doctor now.

DearMrDilkington Tue 03-Jan-17 13:29:54

Can you ask her if she did a wee in the bath last night? My dd used to find it hilarious when she did a wee in the bath so would be able to remember and tell me if she had.

YoHoHoandabottleofTequila Tue 03-Jan-17 13:47:20

Is she complaining of pain? Have you tried sitting her on the toilet and running the tap?

Is she usually dry at night, as that's a really long time not to wee. If she hasn't I would take her to the GP.

lozzylizzy Tue 03-Jan-17 14:20:24

Hi everyone, she's admitted to weeing in the bath and the way I asked her I know she is telling the truth. However this means that it is now it is still about 19hrs with nothing for certain.

I have tried the tap, more juice, tickling her, chasing her round so she gets excited. She has held on to her front a little while ago but still nothing.

Do I put her a pull up/nappy on for the school run?

lozzylizzy Tue 03-Jan-17 14:21:35

As it goes she isn't one for going a lot, maybe 3-4 times a day and is usually dry at night. Her going in the bath explains the dry nappy this morning though.

FSVC Tue 03-Jan-17 14:23:34

I would. Controversial possibly but I'd leave it till preschool starts, she obviously has some bladder control so may well play ball when she's at 'big school'.
Will she wee in a potty or on an opened out nappy laid in a potty? It might just be the loo that's bothering her.

FSVC Tue 03-Jan-17 14:28:13

If she doesn't wee in the nappy I'd give the HV or GP a ring for advice - one of mine did this, GP suggested giving a 'treat' drink and waiting an hour. Big glass of juice, still no wee, then did enormous puddle 90 mins later while I was talking to doctor again! Good luck.

lozzylizzy Tue 03-Jan-17 14:29:41

I have just literally put her a pull up on, she absolutely giggled, ran away and weed straight in it. She is finding it quite hilarious. Oh my god! Little tinker!

Nothing wrong with her, just sheer stubbornness as I suspected!

JsOtherHalf Tue 03-Jan-17 15:08:35

grin

Good luck for her teenage years ...

MatildaWormwoodRoolsOK Tue 03-Jan-17 15:12:19

My DD1 was just the same. When she was potty training, I had several concerned phone calls from the CM worried about her lack of wee. As soon as her night-time pull-up went on, she was passing litres in milliseconds. She is now 7 and still the stubbornnest child imaginable grin

FSVC Tue 03-Jan-17 15:13:05

grin sounds about right!

Jaysis Tue 03-Jan-17 15:34:41

That happened us during toilet training. Absolutely filled him up with fluids but no wee for about 30 hours. Eventually called a GP out of hours line and nurse booked us in for the OOH GP. Got to the waiting room he went off with his dad to the loo and did a massive wee.

Thank fuck we had the under 5's GP card and the visit was free. Imagine paying €60 for what was essentially using a loo.

FSVC Tue 03-Jan-17 16:02:38

Do people in your house now go 'spend 60 euro' instead of a penny?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now