Talk

Advanced search

To ask reasons why I may not have had a period?

(6 Posts)
WhereDoesThisRoadGo Tue 03-Jan-17 00:20:09

I am 32 and taking microgynon 30 (combi pill). I have just finished my 7 day break and for the first time in my life (and the 17 years I have been taking these pills) I have had no period, no sign or 'symptoms' of a period and I have felt totally normal the whole way through. Basically, I realise I have totally skipped it this month.

Does anyone know any reasons why this may be other than the standard Google suggestions of pregnancy - my partner and I haven't had sex in 2 months, stress - I am not stressed (well, I wasn't until this little issue occured), or change in diet - other than the Xmas bloat, all is pretty normal.

Has anyone had any experiences of this a d know why this could have happened?

DailyFail1 Tue 03-Jan-17 00:23:48

I was told it's normal to skip a period but I don't take the pill. I think you might need to see a GP asap

Daisyfrumps Tue 03-Jan-17 00:28:13

It's not a period, as you don't ovulate - it's just a withdrawal bleed. That being said, if you're worried seek professional advice.. but I think it's fairly common to miss the odd pill-free bleed.

Daisyfrumps Tue 03-Jan-17 00:30:22

Oh, and you could be more than 2 months pregnant.. I'd test.

WhereDoesThisRoadGo Tue 03-Jan-17 23:04:44

Thanks all. I will take a test and go to see the GP next week if there is still no sign of it.

Mrsglitterfairy Wed 04-Jan-17 10:15:09

I am on the same pill and have had a couple of months where I had no, or very little, bleed. I've seen the doctor and they basically said it's normal and can happen. I think it's something to do with being on it for a long time, there's a lot of the hormone in your body

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now