Talk

Advanced search

To be raging about this politician blaming mass molestation of women on people trying to be western!!!

(17 Posts)
Temporaryname137 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:28:04

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/02/mass-molestation-bangalore-blamed-on-indians-copying-west?client=safari

No. No. No. This disgusting mass assault did not happen because of people "trying to be western". It happened because a group of men thought that women were fair game. AIBU to think that saying, "oh yeah, it's because they were trying to be western," this guy is wasting an opportunity to start rewriting how some parts of society think??

Temporaryname137 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:28:32

www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/02/mass-molestation-bangalore-blamed-on-indians-copying-west?client=safari

Twogoats Mon 02-Jan-17 19:38:52

The Guardian hates women.

They think they're all superior to the DM, but they're not. They just use longer words.

HermioneWeasley Mon 02-Jan-17 19:39:57

Agree re guardian hating women

hopskip123 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:40:47

Erm, you seem to have missed the point that a newspaper is reporting "news", not condoning it!

FatalKittehCharms Mon 02-Jan-17 19:41:32

The Guardian hates women because it's reporting a mass molestation of women? Ok.

QueenOfTheWhiteWalkers Mon 02-Jan-17 19:43:34

Urgh! Getting so sick of all the fucking victim blaming misogynistic twats in the world! angry FFS, get your nasty sweaty fingers out of our arses and off our tits! Go yank your own nasty dick.

TheNaze73 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:45:22

The Guardian is dreadful. YANBU

Temporaryname137 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:45:37

PP's may have thought that was the guardian's comments - nope, it was a state minister. Fucking accept that your society has a problem with MEN, not women (not all men, of course), and address it - that could have been your daughter ffs. Don't fudge it by blaming the women for dressing a certain way!

Temporaryname137 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:46:30

Also, whilst I agree that the cologne coverage was Wrong, in fact, the guardian is the only uk paper I've seen cover this story so far.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 02-Jan-17 19:46:47

Dont they call it eve teasing in india?

Nothing to do with acting western

FoxesSitOnBoxes Mon 02-Jan-17 19:50:46

Eh? How is this an example of the guardian being sexist? Baffled.

hackmum Mon 02-Jan-17 19:51:09

I'm astonished that people's response to a news story in the Guardian is to say that the Guardian "hates" women. Maybe they don't understand what a news story is?

Just two weeks ago, the Guardian published a report of its own investigation into how women in family courts often have to suffer the trauma of being cross-examined by their violent ex-partners:

www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/22/revealed-how-family-courts-allow-abusers-to-torment-their-victims

I don't see how anyone could read a story like that and still say that the Guardian "hates" women - unless they were conducting a deliberate campaign of misinformation against the paper.

Birdsgottafly Mon 02-Jan-17 19:51:16

India has a problem with attitude of its leaders, to Women/their rights and sexual crimes on Women and Children, that's what the Guardian is reporting.

It's the Leaders of India that you should be outraged at and support the Women of India, when you have chance to.

HermioneWeasley Mon 02-Jan-17 19:53:43

The guardian hates women because it puts their needs below men's. When it suits them, they might superficially support women (as in the example you've given), but if their needs come into conflict with men thT the guardian dee s more worthy (brown men, Muslim men, men who think they're women), they throw women under the fucking bus so fast it makes your head spin.

Temporaryname137 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:53:55

I suspect people blaming the guardian didn't click the link!

Birds - that's exactly what I was trying to say. This twat has missed a valuable opportunity to comment on how wrong it is, and in fact has made it worse by blaming the western cultures! Poor little horny men, it's not their fault...angry

minionsrule Mon 02-Jan-17 19:57:31

Eve teasing is unfortunately nothing new in India, a lot of men there still have very backward views towards women. It isn't even related to how they dress, modestly dressed women get raped daily as well.
Agree with poster above who says anger should be at the leaders and police who turn a blind eye to this type of thing, reporting rape and getting it taken seriously is still very challenging in most areas, the corruption there is horrendous so if the criminals family have money the police will turn a blind eye. The only ones that are truly followed and reported on and watched carefully are the main headline ones.
You see a similar story of eve teasing every year (I am usually in India over New Year).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now