Talk

Advanced search

To want to uninstall Hive

(22 Posts)
Penguina Mon 02-Jan-17 06:36:45

Our heating will not turn off!! Our house is bloody boiling.

Has this happened to anyone before? Everything is off....but it won't stop!

FatalKittehCharms Mon 02-Jan-17 06:51:16

I don't have Hive but have you switched the boiler off and on? Or just off for a while at least?

MackerelOfFact Mon 02-Jan-17 06:54:23

Check the app for updates or reinstall it. Mine sometimes does weird things and comes on when expressly told not to, but not to that extent!

DancingPenguin1 Mon 02-Jan-17 07:07:50

Love our Hive. Have you tried calling customer services?

Imissmy0ldusername Mon 02-Jan-17 07:29:27

That sounds familiar. I think it's a customer services job. I don't think the problem is unsolveable, but it is relatively new technology, so bugs will be being ironed out for some time yet. Hope the hold music's improved fgrin

Penguina Mon 02-Jan-17 07:33:29

Well as its a bank holiday there is no one there! Tried calling British gas who said an engineer could come at a charge or wait till tomorrow. Bloody Christmas!

Olddear Mon 02-Jan-17 07:48:41

Why will they charge you? I take it you don't have homecare?? We have hive (newly installed, all well so far!) but we also have a new boiler. We had your problem with our old boiler and it was a valve that needed replaced. The advice was to switch off the gas.

Olddear Mon 02-Jan-17 07:50:01

What I meant was, it was a boiler problem as opposed to hive.

GahBuggerit Mon 02-Jan-17 08:04:32

this is exactly why ill never get this. an app that can control heating in my home, when im not in, and go maverick on me? Eff that!

Scooby20 Mon 02-Jan-17 08:07:46

Is it hive it hive or is it the boiler?

Can you switch it off at thr mains?

Do you have home care?

MrsJamin Mon 02-Jan-17 08:09:50

I'd just switch it off at the mains? We have nest and don't have this issue at all. Barely even aware whether the heating is off or on as it works so well I don't think about it.

abbsisspartacus Mon 02-Jan-17 08:12:10

Do you have a thermostat? Turn it down?

Penguina Mon 02-Jan-17 19:25:57

It stopped in the end but only after its scheduled time this morning.

It just wouldn't do as it was told. Wouldn't turn off or down. Both children slept through the night so might leave it on more often!

ImprovisingNow Mon 02-Jan-17 19:52:16

Hate Hive. IME it drops off the web all the time and then just does its own thing. I would have been far better off with a 7 day timer.

PurpleMinionMummy Mon 02-Jan-17 20:23:42

I thought this was a well known issue with HIVE?

HelenaDove Mon 02-Jan-17 20:26:50

As a society we are relying on computers far too much to do too many things.

lokijet Mon 02-Jan-17 20:30:40

SIL had similar problem which was off the whole time customer services had to do a rest from their end - hope you get it fixed

MrsVioletBottom Mon 02-Jan-17 20:33:30

I have had hive for 12 months and not had any issues. Perhaps I have been lucky. I have you say I love it. Penguina, it is most probably teething issues and will settle down. I would ring the helpline tomorrow. They will soon sort it, for you. Hope this helps.

Hillbilly71 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:47:07

We have the horrendous hive 1 thermostat but I had disconnected it from the wifi as it's a pain. I am the only one who can programme the thing too.

PorkyScratchings Mon 02-Jan-17 21:14:39

Ours constantly dropped out and wouldn't turn on or off but the boiler has got a button to do it manually so at least we could control it. It was annoying having to go and turn it on first thing in the morning when the house was freezing though.

They've now sent us some kind of booster thingy and it seems to be staying connected.

noeuf Mon 02-Jan-17 21:15:47

We had something similar installed through our supplier and I disconnected all the boxes and wifi and switched it off. Bloody awful.

Stylingwax Mon 02-Jan-17 21:22:28

Is the boiler off? If not, turn it off, Hive can't override it. Also, which thermostat do you have? (White rectangle or flashy one with dial). What's it saying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now