Talk

Advanced search

So I was channel surfing killing time before Sherlock and ended up watching Eastenders - what sort of wedding dress was that?

(26 Posts)
Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 19:51:23

The character looked like Miss Havisham confused

The veil and dress looked very odd.

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 19:53:11

I should say I only saw the bit where she was talking to her sister(?) in a room.

Maybe it looked better at some other point?

LunaLoveg00d Sun 01-Jan-17 19:53:45

A wet look one.

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 19:53:55

OOPS!

I thought I'd posted in Chat!

shock

stella23 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:54:10

Didn't look great did it, is she pregnant?

Ferrisday Sun 01-Jan-17 19:54:55

Same here
I don't watch it though so no idea who anyone is

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 19:55:38

Maybe stella but there are other styles available surely that wouldn't have looked like a Dickensian drama.

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 19:57:48

On reflection; I think it the veil was the oddest bit.

mamalovesmojitos Sun 01-Jan-17 19:57:55

I liked it blush

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 19:59:26

No need to blush mamma - now that I see her veil-less at the swimming pool it is not quite so weird looking!

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 20:01:59

Oh dear!

Never go swimming in a wedding outfit.

shock

TheMasterNotMargarita Sun 01-Jan-17 20:03:26

Horrid.
My nans net curtains look more expensive.

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 20:03:27

See, I had the TV paused so didn't get the wet look joke!

Now I do...

RachelRagged Sun 01-Jan-17 20:08:48

I liked it too mama

MiniCooperLover Sun 01-Jan-17 20:13:42

I think it was that they don't have lots of cash so it was prob second hand or maybe a relatives? Saying that they had a decent hotel. Just guessing though. Didn't even fit her.

Antsinpants Sun 01-Jan-17 20:19:15

She def looked pregnant - all those shots bunching up the dress, flowers in front.......

Babyroobs Sun 01-Jan-17 21:23:46

What a horrible ending, looks like it was ultimately the wedding dress that contributed to Ronnie's demise.

DollyDora Sun 01-Jan-17 22:18:43

I thought she was pregnant. Dress was far too tight for her

CorporalNobbyNobbs Sun 01-Jan-17 22:21:10

Mini Jack and Ronnie or minted.

Ronnie's been wearing lots of baggy clothes was wondering if she was pregnant too.

CorporalNobbyNobbs Sun 01-Jan-17 22:21:25

*are minted

MimiSunshine Sun 01-Jan-17 22:40:22

I was very surprised by the dress in a previous episode she said something along the lines of "this is definitely going to be my last wedding so I'm going all out". Then it turned out to be a less good version of Emily in Friends 'hide the baby bump dress' which is I'm assuming what it was supposed to be doing. It did look better without the veil though.

I really want to see the alternative ending though as I really hoped it wasn't going to be a tragic one, Ronnie deserved a happily ever after far too invested but I don't have Snapchat because I'm now clearly too old

Salmotrutta Sun 01-Jan-17 22:57:28

I do not follow EE.

I shoved it on to kill time.

I was taken aback by the hideous unconventional veil and dress.

It was bizarre.

And then the bride and another woman (sister?) drowned.

I'm quite glad I don't watch soaps nowadays.

I expect they will pop up after an appropriate time frame whereby it was a "dream" or the bodies were "wrongly" identified hmm

flamencina Sun 01-Jan-17 23:10:14

mimi it's literally a 10 second video of flashing images showing a foot, Ronnie crying in a hospital, Roxy unconscious somehow and other stuff I can't make out. It's not clear at all and far too short.

I'm too old too, but someone shared it on twitter.

The dress was unflattering but I assumed a lot of that has been to make it cumbersome and floaty to make the ending work.

Birdsgottafly Sun 01-Jan-17 23:16:06

Ronnie (Samantha Womak), has quit the soap, so it won't be a 'dream'.

I was hoping that Max would go looking for Roxy and find them in time.

I wanted a happy ending for both Sisters.

MimiSunshine Sun 01-Jan-17 23:26:37

Oh thanks Flamencina I've had a look on Twitter. Seems like Ronnie would've found Roxy on the pool table who then died in hospital leaving Ronnie heartbroken.

Seems like a lot of people on twitter can't understand how they both drowned. Seems straight forward to me: Roxy dives in (drunk and probably with cocaine in her system) knocks herself out and drowns (most people don't go down thrashing).
Ronnie dives in drunk and panicking, weighed down by her dress which gets twisted over her head and she drowns

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now