Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with family and friends medical issues

(1 Post)
Mary500 Sun 01-Jan-17 18:37:48

Wondering if anyone else struggles with friends and family sharing every detail of their medical tests and issues with them on a continuous basis. I am constantly on a knife edge waiting to be told when the next appointment is and then waiting for the results. Sometimes I can't sleep worrying about them I really empathise, probably over empathise with their issues and some of them are very serious medical issues, others less so. This has been going on for years now. I have fears for my own to deal with and it sounds selfish but I wish they would not tell me every twist and turn as I am beginning to dread the next call along with the graphic detail. I don't share any of my own medical issues with my family as I feel they have enough of their own issues to deal with even though they are minor. I would like to have a balance of providing support in other ways where needed but not that every month I live in fear of what I am going to be told next as its worsening my anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now