Talk

Advanced search

AIBU.. To pick your brains?

(6 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Sun 01-Jan-17 16:22:03

Not an AIBU but posting for traffic as I need your help!

I'm an education student and I need to make a resource for children. Not a lesson plan but physically make a resource e.g. Game. The topic it's based on is comparing UK to India for KS1 or FS children. I'm really struggling!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

user1469680214 Sun 01-Jan-17 16:26:16

Sorry if you've done this already, but google the topic with TES in the search. 99% of my lesson plans and ppts come from TES

monkeysox Sun 01-Jan-17 16:35:25

Food. Clothing. Housing. Language. All things you can compare with actual food, clothes pictures?

ChuckSnowballs Sun 01-Jan-17 16:39:17

What are you trying to teach them? Differences in UK and India in relation to what? Food/Travel/Animals/Cultures? I am an avid fan of either Top Trumps if you have time, inclination and the patience of a saint, or word/picture cards that they can categorise. So for KS1 or FS - look at the curriculum in relation to the things they need to know on this topic, and keep it to that level. Then they have to just identify them/read them and put them into categories either UK or India.

I am also a fan of Jenga. You can buy them for a few pounds [my last one was £3] and write on the jenga pieces letters and or numbers and shapes. When they pull the Jenga piece out, you have a question or picture for each that they have to identify as being either UK or India. Just change the level of questions for the level of the class.

Parney Sun 01-Jan-17 16:48:45

I've done something similar and brought in a school bag full of items that might belong to a child in our school, lunch, book, toy, item of clothing etc. We discussed who these might belong to, then another bag with similar items possibly belonging to a child from India. Discussing similarities and differences! Can be done with nice picture cards in bags either if it's too difficult to source/store items. Follow up lesson involved sorting the items in to the correct bags. So much scope for linking writing activites and drama lessons.

EveOnline2016 Sun 01-Jan-17 17:00:05

Do a restaurant with play food from both cultures. You could also do different currencies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now