Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your ideas on what to use when you have run out of breastpads?!

(19 Posts)
meladeso Sun 01-Jan-17 08:28:03

Just that. Not doing morning feed today while the alcohol wears off, just went to shower - nips spraying milk everywhere!
Have tried to express a bit off, which am rubbish at, but mainly am not sure how to avoid having leaky top all morning, have run out of pads.
Ideas?!

HardToDeal Sun 01-Jan-17 08:29:17

Stuff a muslin or flannel in your bra! Although I'd feed anyway, the morning after.

rhuhbarb4 Sun 01-Jan-17 08:29:50

Folded up muslin if you want to wash it or folded up kitchen roll for easy disposal.

Mummyreindeerlegz Sun 01-Jan-17 08:30:11

Are you going anywhere? I'd pop some clean nappies in your bra. Or stick in sanitary towels. Or just flannels and change them often.

KittyandTeal Sun 01-Jan-17 08:32:10

I'd say sanitary towels.

CecilyP Sun 01-Jan-17 08:32:27

Do you have any small cloth hankies lurking in a drawer somewhere? These will work if folded.

Oysterbabe Sun 01-Jan-17 08:33:35

There's really no need to hold off feeding, the alcohol concentration will be next to nothing.

primarynoodle Sun 01-Jan-17 08:35:45

Cut nappies in half!

rosewineisgreat Sun 01-Jan-17 08:36:31

Nappy cut in half!

meladeso Sun 01-Jan-17 08:39:23

Ha brilliant thanks hadn't thought of nappies! Have just cut up a pantyliner (oh the glamour) and will go for a bit of nappy when that gets soggy!
God the things we do...
We've got houseguests, so would prefer something discreet ish.
I am quite relaxed about morning after feeding, but when I woke today I still felt a bit tipsy, so couldn't bring myself to do it!

fraggle84 Sun 01-Jan-17 08:46:40

Some supermarkets are open if you want to venture out at 10

welshweasel Sun 01-Jan-17 08:53:56

Honestly it's fine to feed, even when more than a bit tipsy!!

talkshowhost97 Sun 01-Jan-17 09:03:31

I would echo both points on this thread. Use folded muslins in bra as emergency breast pads but seriously... just feed your baby! smileEven if you were falling down drunk and still necking vodka the % alcohol in your milk is still tiny (as in less than in natural OJ). The only danger of feeding with alcohol in your system is if you weren't capable of keeping baby safe. And don't co-sleep.

talkshowhost97 Sun 01-Jan-17 09:05:46

Don't cut the nappy all the absorbent plastic stuff will fall out and stick to you! Just use two.

MrsPeel1 Sun 01-Jan-17 09:06:48

I was just coming on to say don't do what I did and cut up a nappy. The stuff inside gets saturated with milk, goes all grainy and gets everywhere (or at least it did for me). Sanitary towels are much more effective. Or a folded sock....
I ran out of pads on a number of occasions blush

meladeso Sun 01-Jan-17 12:36:14

Eugh god that sounds horrid with all the bits coming out

meladeso Sun 01-Jan-17 12:37:15

Thanks to all those reassuring me about feeding being safe after a skinful grin wink

megletthesecond Sun 01-Jan-17 12:41:26

I cut up nappies.

InAFuckingTutu Sun 01-Jan-17 13:13:47

Muslins, or flannel. I switched to bamboo washable pads after too many similar incidents, at least they could have a quick wash and blast with a hairdryer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now