Talk

Advanced search

To be trying to back out of first date since divorce.

(9 Posts)
OopsDearyMe Sun 01-Jan-17 00:31:04

It may be more of a relationships or dating topic. But still need a bit of a pep talk.

I have a date on Monday night from POF. First ONL date ever and first date since I got divorced 6 years ago and the guy is really cute.
Thing is I can tell I am trying to sabotage it already , my fear is making make up excuses.

Help

MillionToOneChances Sun 01-Jan-17 00:32:10

Just do it!

ConvincingLiar Sun 01-Jan-17 00:33:41

Please be brave!

Recentlylazy Sun 01-Jan-17 00:35:04

Ok. You must go, it's hard to make the effort but if you don't you will ultimately regret it. However word of caution, not everyone puts up recent photo and sometimes it's not even them. So just be aware it may not be quite what you hope for. V close friend me a guy on POF and has now been living with him for 7 years. Good luck

9GreenBottles Sun 01-Jan-17 00:38:41

Depends on the reason you're trying to back out. If there are red flags about compatibility (in spite of him being cute) listen to your gut. If it's just what the date represents, bite the bullet and go. At the very least, you are dipping your toe into the dating pool again, but you could just have a fabulous time.

I hope it's the latter! smile

WorraLiberty Sun 01-Jan-17 00:43:18

Go for it and good luck!

Skype first so you both know what each other really looks like and whether or not the conversation flows.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Ice3 Sun 01-Jan-17 00:56:33

I would probably write it off beforehand mentally, but go anyway so it is done and out the way and the next time you won't be so worried. Worst case it isn't great but you have done it. Best case it is awesome and you like each other.

If you don't go you are just going to have to do 'the first date since' at some point in the future. Good luck!

SohornaBlu Sun 01-Jan-17 02:02:40

I find that skyping first makes things easier because you both then meet knowing that you are both who you say you are (so you won't be disappointed) and knowing you're attracted to each other (so that removes a lot of nerves) and if there's anything off about him you can see before meeting. It's not for everybody but I find it helps smile

Be brave and keep your date. You never know where it could lead.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 01-Jan-17 03:19:26

He's not the one. There, now the pressure's off. Just get out of the house and have fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now