Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To get a Harry Potter tattoo?!

(113 Posts)
Bearcats Sat 31-Dec-16 23:28:55

I've just finished watching deathly hallows part 2 and I just love it. Grew up on HP, always been a huge fan.

I used to say when I was a teenager I'd get one but never had the balls to do it! Now I want to. DP thinks I'm mad grin

New Years alcohol intake may be influencing this decision!

doleritedinosaur Sat 31-Dec-16 23:31:10

I've got one so I say do it!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 31-Dec-16 23:31:39

Do it.

I have Watership Down, Jaws, A Midsummer Night's Dream and Sylanders Tattoos.

QueenieGoldstein Sat 31-Dec-16 23:32:27

I have one, planned it for years before finally biting the bullet! Mine is a quote that fans will get but is not overtly Harry Potter if that makes sense?

Bearcats Sat 31-Dec-16 23:33:05

I love these responses grin

stella23 Sat 31-Dec-16 23:33:13

What you going to get though? Don't get a wand or a hat, that any old wizard would have you could have the deathly hollows symbol

CrazyGreyhoundLady Sat 31-Dec-16 23:33:40

If you still want it in the morning when you're sober book an appointment! grin

Bearcats Sat 31-Dec-16 23:33:58

Ooo Queenie do share the quote?

It may be hugely influenced having just watched deathly hallows part 2, but 'Always' just seems perfect to me!

cherrycrumblecustard Sat 31-Dec-16 23:34:03

Look on Pinterest.

JennyOnAPlate Sat 31-Dec-16 23:34:20

I really want one! Anyone who has one please post a pic? I want one in memory of Alan rickman ideally sad

addstudentdinners2 Sat 31-Dec-16 23:34:46

I want one too but am too much of a wuss

QueenieGoldstein Sat 31-Dec-16 23:35:28

I have "It's real for us" under a quill feather. It's what Snape says to Lily when they're children and sums up how I feel about Harry Potter!

I'm planning a Cursed Child themed one to go on my hip next.

OdinsLoveChild Sat 31-Dec-16 23:35:37

Yes YABU. In 20 years time no one will know who it is you have tattooed on your arse. Plus having a young Daniel Radcliffe on your arse when youre 80 may look a bit dodgy shock

You could use Hogwarts School because you can just say you liked castles or something.

Bearcats Sat 31-Dec-16 23:38:40

Queenie I love that!

odins I have no plans for Daniel radcliffe's face anywhere on me grin I'm definitely more a words than pictures person!

doleritedinosaur Sat 31-Dec-16 23:38:45

Mines on the back of my nexk so can't really get a photo but it's the deathly hallows symbol & when I stopped getting knocked up in getting
"I open at the close" in Dumbledore's writing below it.

For Alan Rickman could get something based around the patronus or
"Turn to page 394"

grin

QueenieGoldstein Sat 31-Dec-16 23:39:33

A silver doe would be fab for Alan Rickman

Bearcats Sat 31-Dec-16 23:39:58

I have yet to see Cursed Child envy Tried to get tickets when they were released earlier this month but so far down the queue they sold out before I got in! I was in London recently and we walked past the theatre, I was so gutted I wasn't going in!

QueenieGoldstein Sat 31-Dec-16 23:43:22

It's absolutely amazing. I know a lot of fans didn't rate it but I loved it from start to finish!

Deathly Hallows symbol is very popular but I'd hold off for the moment to see how the FB films pan out, its Grindewald's mark and the films are going to focus on that side of things a lot more.

70ontheinside Sat 31-Dec-16 23:43:55

I am definitely not a tattoo person, but right now I could be talked into "always". Bloody love HP. And Alan Rickman.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 31-Dec-16 23:46:11

I have 'Always' tattooed on my rib cage. I love it because I love Snape and also because my DH always (even before HP) signs cards Always, DH x

Bearcats Sat 31-Dec-16 23:46:12

Ah I so need to go - it's just frustrating you get people who buy them and sell on for extortionate prices. Maybe I'll treat myself one day!

'Always' is definitely the one I'm most leaning towards right now. I don't think I'd get the deathly hallows symbol and totally agree I think FB may change the popularity of it!

QueenieGoldstein Sat 31-Dec-16 23:48:37

Are you on Pottermore? They regularly have special releases and draws for tickets. I got mine due to being a member for years as they were released early for the previews.

I'm tempted by an Always one I saw on Pinterest to go on my foot.

QueenieGoldstein Sat 31-Dec-16 23:49:22

I'm definitely outing myself now but I have a life size cut out of Snape in my classroom blush

EveOnline2016 Sat 31-Dec-16 23:50:56

How about this, easy to cover up but also good if you want to show it.

QueenyLaverne Sat 31-Dec-16 23:51:24

Nope just nope. Ul be on tattoo fixers one day lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now