Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To already be in bed ?

(60 Posts)
cookieswirls Sat 31-Dec-16 21:49:17

I know it's NYE but with twins with unpredictable night time waking I just can be bothered to stay up any longer . Just messaged my cousin to wish her happy new year and that I was off to bed and she replied calling me a lightweight hmm. Aibu to be in bed already or would you do the same bearing in mind I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a row for 11 months now !

thewideeyedpea Sat 31-Dec-16 21:54:35

Happy New Year! I have a 2 year old who still wakes at least once a night and I'm at work at 8am so I'm off to bed too! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight smile

Oreocrumbs Sat 31-Dec-16 21:54:43

I'm also in bed! And I only have a 6 yr old who does sleep! I'm just absolutely shattered. I am a lightweight and proud of it.

So er, goodnight and happy new year wine

bunnylove99 Sat 31-Dec-16 21:55:15

YANBU at all. However you should n't be wishing folk Happy New year until after midnight - it's bad luck!

GeekyWombat Sat 31-Dec-16 21:55:49

We've got an eight month old here and we're in bed. Happy new year!

PickledCauliflower Sat 31-Dec-16 21:56:00

Go to bed smile

My kids are adults now, but I'm usually in bed well before 11pm on NYE.
I'm not a fan of NYE. Went to a few crap parties in younger years but never really understood the fuss really.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way...

Purpleprickles Sat 31-Dec-16 21:57:38

In bed too with dh and ds. Dd is in her cot. Our New Year's Eve plans all went a bit wrong and I feel a bit sadso ds is now having a sleepover in our room and we are all watching tv in bed. Bloody hate NYE.

glueandstick Sat 31-Dec-16 21:58:00

You've just inspired me to give in and go to bed.

Night night! Happy new year smile

Millymollymanatee Sat 31-Dec-16 21:58:07

I'm in bed too. Happy New Year everyone.

AgentCooper Sat 31-Dec-16 21:58:13

My DH is in bed so I'm up on my own sad

Can't help but feel a wee bit resentful that the reason he's so shattered is because he's been driving his maddening, stress inducing family about these past few days and worrying about their bullshit. But I do have a box of Reese's peanut butter pieces sat in front of me so it could be much, much worse!

lilyb84 Sat 31-Dec-16 21:58:49

In bed feeding my 11 mo to sleep now! Second sober NYE.. and it's my birthday tomorrow! It's just another night. And I'd frankly do anything to get more than an hour or two's sleep so totally sympathise. Definitely not BU smile

dangerrabbit Sat 31-Dec-16 21:59:36

YANBU

I'm not in bed but intend to be soon.

Booklover123 Sat 31-Dec-16 21:59:54

No babies or toddlers here but still in bed! With a chocolate orange mind you! You are not BU at all, just sensible with twins around! Happy new year to all us early to bedders!

cookieswirls Sat 31-Dec-16 22:00:21

Thanks everyone . Thewideeyedpea i really hope I can sleep too but not counting on it. To be fair I will probably be awake around midnight feeding anyway. I don't feel too bad now

GerardNoWay Sat 31-Dec-16 22:01:31

YANBU. I've had a bottle of fizz, paella and a chocolate pudding and now I am ready for my bed. Thought we might be a bit more rock and roll this year as DD is 1 and more settled in her routine, but actually this suits me just fine. Enjoy what peace and quiet you do get OP! smile

RandomMcRandomer Sat 31-Dec-16 22:01:36

I'm about to go to bed and watch i zombie. It's preferable to anything else I could do
Right now. I'm taking chocolate because it's New Years...

cookieswirls Sat 31-Dec-16 22:03:01

Lily sorry to hear your having bad nights too. It's torture isn't it! Happy birthday for tomorrow

scurryfunge Sat 31-Dec-16 22:03:30

In Scotland with family. They are about to go visiting family and friends. I'm not bothered and am in my pyjamas ready to watch crap telly and go to bed early. Son is in London, living it up. I am seen as the boring English daughter in law.

thewideeyedpea Sat 31-Dec-16 22:03:57

I will raise an imaginary glass to you when I'm woken up! (Usually around 2am). Here's to more sleep in 2017

muttermuttergrrr Sat 31-Dec-16 22:04:04

I'm watching crap telly eating chocolate with a glass of milk, so rock n roll. Ds 2 is fast asleep and likely to stay that way dh is ill and I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to put a bra on and go out

Helbelle75 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:04:17

25 weeks pregnant and going to bed shortly. I'm shattered!
Sleep well everyone.

BumWad Sat 31-Dec-16 22:04:33

Aah it's just another night

Jaimx86 Sat 31-Dec-16 22:05:12

Wish I could be. Lots of inconsiderate people here will be letting off fireworks for the next three hours...

canihaveacoffeeplease Sat 31-Dec-16 22:05:33

I'm very very pregnant and heading to bed very shortly!

SirMixALot Sat 31-Dec-16 22:06:36

YANBU. Three years in a row I slept through it and thoroughly enjoyed waking up feeling fresh and well-rested. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now