Talk

Advanced search

Fireworks Already??

(8 Posts)
kel12345 Sat 31-Dec-16 15:29:24

I love New Years Eve, it's one of my favourite nights of the year. And I love fireworks, but it's currently 3.25pm. And someone nearby is already letting off fireworks. I mean really? I know it's going to happen tonight, and I don't mind later on when it's dark, but It's still daylight, how on earth can the be seen when it's still light outside? It's not me or lo I'm worried about as he wasn't bothered by them at all. It's my cat. He likes to go out for a wander round which is fine. But he doesn't like fireworks, he had under the stairs in bonfire night.
AIBU to think there's really no need or point in letting fireworks off so early, and when it's still daylight?

SparkleShinyGlitter Sat 31-Dec-16 15:30:52

My guess would be children/ teens messing around thinking they are funny. It's not even dark yet

kel12345 Sat 31-Dec-16 15:34:43

You're probably right tbh. There's no need though.

FatGreen Sat 31-Dec-16 15:48:09

Fireworks haven't ever entirely stopped around here since Diwali.

TrustySnail Sat 31-Dec-16 15:54:28

YANBU

Firework etiquette seems to be a dying concept. They seem to be almost a year round thing nowadays and are often set off in daylight. It annoys me most when some idiot starts letting them off at midnight on some random date when other people have work next day and are trying to sleep.

Katy07 Sat 31-Dec-16 16:45:27

We had some round here last night hmm Not looking forward to being woken by them tonight as dog hates them.

BravoPanda Sat 31-Dec-16 17:43:56

If it's near a council estate or tower block it's someone letting the locals know they have fresh drugs in for their 'NYE' fun.

They do it a lot here in the northwest and even all the way up to my mates house in Halifax.

Ahrightsoted Sat 31-Dec-16 17:53:57

I'm dreading it, our old dog who now early stage dementia has always been petrified of them. The vets have given us Prozac for tonight and tomorrow. Horrible things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now