Talk

Advanced search

To think we have all seen too much of our relatives...

(18 Posts)
Bitofacow Sat 31-Dec-16 13:27:00

Judging by the amount of "my mil looked at me funny and said my DC are not the most perfect beings should I dismember her?" threads.

These OPs are followed by a boat load of hysterical, frothing responses demanding nothing short of summary execution for all involved.

The main issue seems to be Hekler & Koch or Kalashnikov to carry out the punishment.

Do we all just need a time out and some space?

Manumission Sat 31-Dec-16 13:29:53

Thinning out the family a bit couldn't hurt smile

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sat 31-Dec-16 13:31:35

grin probably-I am definitely feeling it despite limiting the amount of time spent with extended family during the holidays to several 1 night stop-overs. TBH I can't wait for school to start again either...

karmacoma1 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:34:47

Yes.

Could definitely do without seeing my bellend of a sister for at least six months. 🙃

JakeBallardswife Sat 31-Dec-16 13:37:16

Agree, no BIL/SIL visits wanted here. They suggested February, we said we're busy that day!

ChuckSnowballs Sat 31-Dec-16 13:39:01

Not seen any of mine yet. Due to having to cancel the long drive due to fog.

Anyway.

Nicpem1982 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:39:01

Agreed no plans to see sil/bil for the immediate future my mil and dil are nothing short of gems tho and we're seeing them tomorrow

Nicpem1982 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:39:33

Fil not dil doh!

PlymouthMaid1 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:40:41

I haven't yet which is why I have invited the whole bunch round tomorrow for a giant curry feast. Am cooking two of the dishes now.

Yoarchie Sat 31-Dec-16 13:41:44

Thing is, the family you get on with you generally see throughout the year anyway. Only about Christmas you get guilted into seeing those that you don't get on so well with so it's not surprising it results in arguments. Plus have house guests/being house guests van be stressful. Me I fucking hate Christmas and think it should be cancelled.

RortyCrankle Sat 31-Dec-16 13:46:31

I saw my sister the week before Christmas for our annual half an hour visit. That's it for another year. Too much do you think? Yes, definitely grin

Bitofacow Sat 31-Dec-16 13:48:08

I just thought that possibly, maybe, perhaps " fuck off to the far reaches of Hell" was a tiny bit of a harsh response to "mil looked sideways at my bubba".

I am getting old I think.

SusanTrinder Sat 31-Dec-16 13:54:13

Pretty sure my family have seen enough of me, but then I am a crabbit article lately.

CakesRUs Sat 31-Dec-16 14:04:29

There are a lot of in law problems coming out over christmas, not many about folks own parents. Though, the majority of the time, the AIBU's are truly valid and warranted, it does make me think of the parents posting these who have sons if, one day, they will be the MIL from hell when their own precious off spring have grown and flown? I have a DS who is 19, we are really, really close and I'm hoping and praying that I'll have a good relationship with whoever he settles down with. I also have DS16 who is severely disabled, so none of this staying here for 3 days will be applicable, I doubt they would want to if I'm honest.

Bitofacow Sat 31-Dec-16 15:02:37

It's the absolute viciousness of some of the responses that make me think we all need a break.

OP - please help with blah blah
MN - blood, death, nc, arguments
OP - I don't want a row
MN - shoot them, hang 'em, flog 'em
OP - errhhh <backs away slowly>

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sat 31-Dec-16 15:03:51

Thing is, the family you get on with you generally see throughout the year anyway.
I agree to some extent, except when there are long travelling distances involved. Once DCs are at school it prevents long weekends for visits so does limit it to key holiday times by necessity. It would be nice to be close enough to able to visit for an afternoon, but I'm sure that has its drawbacks too.

DJBaggySmalls Sat 31-Dec-16 15:04:45

You mean you don't have pit traps and a haha? How odd.

LindyHemming Sat 31-Dec-16 15:45:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now