Talk

Advanced search

Noisiest ever kettle

(11 Posts)
Vapours Sat 31-Dec-16 12:53:50

Just bought a new kettle, am I allowed to say the make? So noisy we can't even talk in the kitchen when it's on! Should I return it or is this normal for today's electric kettles? Minor problem I know but irritating.

Vapours Sat 31-Dec-16 12:55:05

Anyone else's kettle really noisy?

Manumission Sat 31-Dec-16 12:55:10

I don't know. I think I'd try because that would drive me mad.

ClarissaDarling Sat 31-Dec-16 12:57:29

We have a Le creuset which is so so loud- but finally used to its whistle!

SparkleShinyGlitter Sat 31-Dec-16 12:58:46

Mine, you can't even hear the tv when this thing boils

I keep telling DH I am getting a new one, but I'm too lazy to order one

MillionToOneChances Sat 31-Dec-16 13:00:10

Return it!

Vapours Sat 31-Dec-16 13:03:42

Thanks for replies, this is russell hobs, 40 quid. Not too cheap or expensive, around the middle in price, I think. Not a whistling kettle but so noisy when switched on. You know when you feel you should take something back but just cba? It's like that smile

pklme Sat 31-Dec-16 13:04:59

Please tell me you are the poster who is falling out with DH and MiL over what kind of kettle to buy... You went for the flowery one?

On thread, yes, some are rally moist and I don't know how to discriminate before buying.

pklme Sat 31-Dec-16 13:06:12

I think plastic ones are quieter. But I could be wrong.

llangennith Sat 31-Dec-16 13:07:22

If anyone finds a kettle that doesn't sound like a steam engine please share. I think I'd buy it however expensive!

Vapours Sat 31-Dec-16 13:10:31

No pklme, not that poster. Yep, thinking about exchanging for plastic one but so cba! It's this xmas mallarkysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now