Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be annoyed!

(9 Posts)
Jellymuffin Sat 31-Dec-16 10:21:40

I'm 6 weeks pregnant, constant nausea and feel like crap. Husband has to go to the tip to take some boxes etc from Christmas. DS1 (3.5) wants to go too. YAY! Thinks I, I shall go back to bed then as husband is loading car child declared he wants to stay with mummy as he loves her! Husband jumps on this and tags on trip to buy new running joggers sans child too! He's not left yet but AIBU to want to cry!!!

Getnakedorgohome Sat 31-Dec-16 10:25:56

In this instance I would quietly whisper to child about how small packets of haribo are given to children all fastened in their car seat and ready to go. And how daddy fancied mcd's/pizza hut/fish and chips for lunch while he was out...

Jellymuffin Sat 31-Dec-16 10:30:40

I feel all is lost, he's removed child seat to put the seats down. I've felt crap all week and smiled and been nice to family and friends. I just wanted an hour or so to myself before going back to work. Feel quite monumentally sorry for myself.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 31-Dec-16 10:32:22

I wouldn't want to take a 3.5 year old to the tip either...that sounds like a right faff. I would just lie on sofa with him and stick a film on.

Candlestickchick Sat 31-Dec-16 10:32:59

Could you ask your DH to take your son to the park or something for an hour later so you can have a rest then?

Cagliostro Sat 31-Dec-16 10:34:21

Well clearly as DS is being such a sweet little boy staying with his mummy, he deserves a trip to the park/soft play with daddy afterwards

Getnakedorgohome Sat 31-Dec-16 10:45:11

Have you told your dh how you're feeling (in which case he's an arse) or has he just not realised (and is being insensitive but grabbing a child free shopping moment)?

Jellymuffin Sat 31-Dec-16 11:03:28

Oh he knows! I've been complaining for days, he just doesn't understand how crap I'm feeling. He said he'll be an hour - he seems annoyed that I wanted to rest. I gave him a lie in until 9 yesterday when he stayed up late playing computer games with his friend! He seemed more than happy to go alone and leave DS here.

Jaxhog Sat 31-Dec-16 11:36:34

I think you need to tell him exactly what you want i.e. an hour's complete rest and quiet. Men are not too quick on picking up subtle hints about this, especially if you've been moaning gently for a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now