Talk

Advanced search

to look at PILs' photos and cringe?

(9 Posts)
MeredithsTequila Sat 31-Dec-16 00:04:33

Because in PILs' photograph of them 'courting', they are done up to the nines at a dance. They look so glam and classy.

Whereas DH and I..... well, our equivalent is a terrific shot of us in a club with jaeger bombs blush Not quite the same as 'we met during a slow set!'

RoseOfSharyn Sat 31-Dec-16 00:07:27

grin

I met my partner at a Middlesbrough football match. We then proceeded to go to our local Wetherspoons and drink copiuos amounts of Jager-bombs.

Imagine what our kids photos wil llook like..... <cringe emoji>

RoseOfSharyn Sat 31-Dec-16 00:08:22

and i still can't spell without the bombs!

TheProblemOfSusan Sat 31-Dec-16 00:13:05

Eh. In years ahead it'll all look so retro and sweet no one will notice. Your grandchildren will be going "Look how rad Gran was with her fancy drink! And her frosted highlights/bubble perm/Rachel cut/delete as appropriate! I'm going as her to the school dance. On the moon."

And back then your MIL would have been all "I had a pernod and black in my hand! And he just came up to me! I could have DIED!"

MeredithsTequila Sat 31-Dec-16 00:18:13

And back then your MIL would have been all "I had a pernod and black in my hand! And he just came up to me! I could have DIED!
I can imagine that. You see, that is sweet.

We are both utterly wasted in this delightful snap grin

Maybe I can be cool gran...

cantpickaname Sat 31-Dec-16 00:20:28

Oooooh, Rose, I met me husband a Blazes nightclub in Middlesbrough, together 20yrs this November, it doesn't have to be classy to stick (fnarr, fnarr)

ToastyFingers Sat 31-Dec-16 09:56:10

I met my dp at work. In Somerfield. We both wore a green, blue and orange uniform with regulation boots.

Very retro now I guess.

MeredithsTequila Sat 31-Dec-16 14:36:32

Somerfield does seem quite retro now! Perhaps even quaint? wink

monkeysox Sat 31-Dec-16 14:40:44

Can't pick and rose. I raise you.
The royal exchange grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now