Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to take 1 yo out in PJs?

(24 Posts)
Louis2016 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:00:50

In the middle of the day, if they were not unwell?

isthistoonosy Fri 30-Dec-16 21:01:23

Yanbu

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 21:02:18

Depends. If they're poorly and the parent need to do a school run etc then no prob. If it's just because the parent can't be bothered to get them dressed then that's not great.

formerbabe Fri 30-Dec-16 21:02:35

Of course it's fine.

WyfOfBathe Fri 30-Dec-16 21:05:01

Pyjamas they wore to bed, so have been wearing for probably 15+ hours? YABU.

Pyjamas they've just been changed into? YANBU, most clothes for kids that young are fairly pyjama-like anyway.

Louis2016 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:07:29

Well, they were the PJs he wore to bed the night before... I was looking after my nephew and he did have a change of clothes, but I kept him in his PJs and popped to the supermarket with him in a pushchair and you would have thought the world had ended WRT my sister.

HeadElf Fri 30-Dec-16 21:07:40

Nah, my 9mo dtwins went out in brand new fire engine pjs today. We were visiting their great grandfather who was a fireman all his life grin

formerbabe Fri 30-Dec-16 21:09:09

If he's comfortable, warm and clean, then I don't think it's much of an issue.

lilyb84 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:09:45

Out of interest, what would be wrong with a child that age going out in PJs they'd worn all night?

Ameliablue Fri 30-Dec-16 21:10:13

You could probably get away with it with a one year old, people would either not notice as one year old clothes aren't always much different or think child was having a nap or unwell, there would probably only be a small minority who might assume it is laziness.

samcroreaper Fri 30-Dec-16 21:11:03

Tbf my DD lived in babygrows until she was 1 anyway so I wouldn't bat an eyelid!!

ghostspirit Fri 30-Dec-16 21:12:05

On school days I just change baby nappys and do school run in their pj's get dressed properly when we get back.

NerrSnerr Fri 30-Dec-16 21:14:55

I really don't see the issue with a 1 year old going out in pyjamas they've worn all night. I wouldn't think twice about doing this.

formerbabe Fri 30-Dec-16 21:16:42

On school days I just change baby nappys and do school run in their pj's get dressed properly when we get back.

When my youngest was a baby and my eldest was at school, I did the same thing for the school run. Fresh nappy, coat or snowsuit over the PJs and into the pushchair. Much easier.

TeaBelle Fri 30-Dec-16 21:18:40

In the middle of the day it's a bit scummy. You have to take clothes off to change a nappy, surely

Ameliablue Fri 30-Dec-16 21:22:31

Although if my sister had offered to babysit but hadn't bothered to change his clothes in the morning, I'd be annoyed. If I'd asked sister to babysit and she'd not changed him, if have just tried my teeth and not said anything.

Eevee77 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:23:05

In a pushchair and wrapped up, totally fine IMO.

dollydaydream114 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:24:02

Babies' clothes seem like barely more than PJs to me anyway. If he was warm and comfortable I can't really see the problem.

I wouldn't even notice what someone else's baby was wearing in the supermarket. Who has the time to be bothered about that? Most people don't care what your kid's wearing, and it's not really any of your sister's business.

dollydaydream114 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:25:42

Oh, sorry, just seen it was your sister's baby, not yours.

I still can't really see what the problem is though. You did her a favour by babysitting him in the first place.

rainbowstardrops Fri 30-Dec-16 21:29:03

I can't say I'd get too worked up about it but I'm a bit bewildered why you hadn't managed to get him dressed before midday when you had to go out. Seems a bit meh to me but then I'm not the sort of person that likes 'PJ days' etc

AmeliaJack Fri 30-Dec-16 21:31:41

I would have expected the baby to be put in fresh clothes in the morning.

Not because he can't go out in PJs, but just because it's nicer and cleaner not to be wearing the same clothes for 15 hours. Especially if he's ill and might be a bit sweaty.

Artandco Fri 30-Dec-16 21:33:01

ITs fine

At 1 year mine still mainly wore babygrows day and night so they were the same anyway.

Until about 3 years we always bathed and put them in clean pjs before going out to dinner in the evening. That way if they fell asleep whilst out or on the way home they were easy to put straight to bed

Gymnopedies Fri 30-Dec-16 21:35:57

As long as he had a clean nappy I can't see a problem at all.

Ameliablue Fri 30-Dec-16 22:01:59

I used to find night time nappies would leak a bit, the babies would tend to sick up some milk and might spill breakfast on PJ's so a change would definitely be needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now