Talk

Advanced search

Cheesecake related........ 7.5 month pregnant

(28 Posts)
ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 19:22:42

Am I unreasonable disgraceful that todays intake has been

Breakfast - slab of cheesecake
Lunch - repeat breakfast
Dinner - repeat the above in a massively larger portion.

Snacks - 1 apple, gallons of soda water and a pregnancy multivit.

In my defence I made it myself from scratch with lowest fat cream cheese and greek yog and low carb / low sugar base. ...my diet to now has been 'good' with much greenery and my non pregnancy diet is normally super, super strict macro tracked etc etc.... and.... and..... ermmmm I read that Pink confessed to scoffing an entire cheesecake in one sitting while preg?

Very likey IABU, does anyone else have similar tales of day- long gluttony?

RuggerHug Fri 30-Dec-16 19:23:48

It's a day, not a lifetime. You're grand. Although now I want cheesecake.

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 19:25:16

hahahah ...... please, please, take it off me!

SparkleShinyGlitter Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:39

The only unreasonable bit about your post is you used low fat cheese and Greek yoghurt, you so should of gone all out-cream and full fat cheese all the way!

I'm not pregnant and today I've eaten 1/2 a tub of celebrations, shit load of party food as a picky dinner, a few bits of Yule log and a fair bit of cheese. This is the season for food

Farmmummy Fri 30-Dec-16 19:28:28

Yabvu I haven't got any cheesecake fwink

RuggerHug Fri 30-Dec-16 19:28:30

Also if you didn't eat it it would have gone off and gone to waste. Starving children in the world etc etcgrin (I'm turning into my DM but dammit she has good food logic).

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 19:33:10

I bloody love M-Net ...... second time this festive season I have been 'cleared' fgrin

I do love all the tales of similar nibbling...

TyneTeas Fri 30-Dec-16 19:35:52

I viewed cheesecake as a healthy option when I was pregnant - calcium and fruit in one delicious slice grin

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 19:37:13

Genius!!!!! {{eyes forth portion and wonders if can sneakily snarf it before Husband gets back}}

Strokethefurrywall Fri 30-Dec-16 19:40:51

I'm not even pregnant but today's food will be 2 X bottles of wine and the 3 X blocks of runny cheese with crackers by the pool.

There's no sin in any kind of cheese. Except low fat cheese, it is shite so you should repent by buying a full fat cheesecake and redeeming yourself.

Farmmummy Fri 30-Dec-16 19:54:33

Dispose of the evidence op!

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 19:55:48

By the pool...... ahhhhhhh, now that would be just the ticket.

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 19:57:02

farmmummy ..... this has become enablement! ....but I'm a farm Mum-to-be so....... nom nom nom nom nom. grin

Mrsglitterfairy Fri 30-Dec-16 19:59:40

YABU for now making me want cheesecake which I don't have.. All I have eaten today was a massive plate of Brie, apples, grapes and crackers.. It was amazing though fgrin And for dinner tonight I'm making frozen potato wedges covered in cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa! Super lazy and greedy and I don't even care 😂

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 20:02:56

...that ALL sounds good.... and may inspire a savoury gluttonous day tomoro... and perhaps a hopeful AIBU fgrin

AIBU to demand all my Christmas gruffing will be expelled with the baby come March

(I can hope.....surely??) blush

TyneTeas Fri 30-Dec-16 20:04:05

For those without cheesecake, a digestive biscuit spread with cream cheese and topped with some jam or marmalade or lemon curd works well in an emergency grin

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 20:06:04

hahahahah! love it, that was like one of those Viz top tips. grin

Domino20 Fri 30-Dec-16 20:06:25

Oh, it WILL BE expelled, just not in the way you are thinking!

Mrsglitterfairy Fri 30-Dec-16 20:11:25

Ooh Teas love that idea

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 20:28:40

oh 'eck Domino ..... may consider a quick 'fast' as soon as get first nod of a contraction. First baby and feeling a bit prudish / squeamish at thought of any 'accidents' blush

IrregularCommentary Fri 30-Dec-16 21:19:24

You won't give a proverbial shit Champ. I dragged my poor dh into the loo with me at the hospital because I was terrified of going to the loo mid contractions in case I pooed the baby out or something?!

It was all thoroughly unpleasant, but I didn't care at the time one little bit and I reminded him a few weeks ago (dd is 15w) and he'd completely forgotten about it.

ThePeoplesChamp Fri 30-Dec-16 21:25:44

thanks Irregular hoping the bigger picture will overshadow any sudden incontinence grin

...and congratulations on your DD!!

Strokethefurrywall Sat 31-Dec-16 00:20:08

I pooed both of my babies out! Trust me, that at the time ironically I didn't give a shit! 😁

TyneTeas Sat 31-Dec-16 00:29:47

shaking my head at how a thread about something as beautiful as cheesecake could be so easily turned into a thread about pooing shock

Bad Mumsnetters! Bad! grin

LBOCS2 Sat 31-Dec-16 00:42:23

I didn't poo at all in my labour with DD1. DH held the sieve for DD2's birth.

Anyway. What I came on to say was that I grew DD1 on satsumas in the first trimester followed by pie and cake in the second and third. And she's a strapping four year old now, who is only mildly obsessed with cake. It wasn't even Christmas so I didn't have that excuse. You're fine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now