Talk

Advanced search

To think my MIL hates me...?

(16 Posts)
MsMarvel Fri 30-Dec-16 19:16:12

*lighthearted disclaimer*

Its clearly obvious from the presents she buys for dsd.

Presents have included, but are not limited to,

A karaoke machine
A guinea pig (dsd is only here 3 days every 2 weeks...)
And most recently......

A flippin furby!

The thing has no volume control...its loud... And dsd is loud when she us talking to it...

She clearly hates me doesn't she? 🙈

Farmmummy Fri 30-Dec-16 19:18:38

The furby confirms it those things are torture fgrin

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 30-Dec-16 19:19:19

Furbies are possessed by evil spirits.

It'll kill you in your sleep.

Floggingmolly Fri 30-Dec-16 19:20:51

Why is the guinea pig living at your house?

MsMarvel Fri 30-Dec-16 19:20:59

We managed to avoid ever putting batteries in the karaoke machine but she's been desperate to get the furby working so had to get batteries.

She has just come into the room asking where she left the sleep mask thingy to put it to sleep. It appears she has lost it already... WIBU to send her back home to her mums with the thing....?

MsMarvel Fri 30-Dec-16 19:21:42

The guinea pig lives in our house because dsd's mum doesn't want it, and mil has dogs so can't have it.

sobeyondthehills Fri 30-Dec-16 19:24:08

I often think this of my mother. Last year she got DS age 3 at the time, a light thing, that sang Christmas music, went round and round and round. Plus an accordion.

This year, a voice changer with no volume control and a xylophone.

I have no idea what I did to her as a child

SheldonCRules Fri 30-Dec-16 20:32:38

I buy lots of annoying toys for nieces and nephews, they ask me as their parents say no grin a furby is a right of passage for children

CoffeeAndCakeEssentials Fri 30-Dec-16 20:35:35

Sobeyond our DS1 got a LOUD voice changer from DFIL this Xmas. Worst. Present. Ever. Who would buy that? Typically DS1 loves it and rampages round the house playing at being an alien / robot angry

sobeyondthehills Fri 30-Dec-16 21:07:37

Coffee the worst bit was when DS woke us up with his. I think I nearly pissed myself.

You are right who would buy it unless it was to torture someone else.

Geepee71 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:13:36

Oops I got my niece a furby, wondered why it was only £5 from the charity shop!

dawnc27 Fri 30-Dec-16 21:15:56

deffo send the furby back with her!
got my dd one last year, bloody thing was nice as pie for her yet at bedtime she would put it on the shelf behind my chair n i swear the damn thing was possessed!! it would growl, snarl and roll its eyes at me, im sure it even swore quite a few times.

but i dont seem to have much luck with talking toys, she also got a talking olaf, the one that says 20 or so things yeah? well not with me, it would only say whos the funny looking donkey!! imagine a 3 hr journey with this bastard thing wrapped up in the boot only saying that yet as soon as we arrive and others are there it starts saying all the other stuff.
needless to say, kids got none talking stuff this year lol

MsMarvel Sat 31-Dec-16 00:20:43

I'm encouraging dp to send the furby to her mums, but he finds it funny how much its annoying me!! I've warned him that it might accidently get broken if it stays here through the week...

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 31-Dec-16 00:29:18

But that's the whole point of buying presents for other people's children when you don't have your own grin

Although I remember losing the will to live when the whole family was together for Christmas and someone put on the Thomas the Tank Engine video - we thought it would be a couple of episodes - turned out to be over two hours shockgrin

Cherryskypie Sat 31-Dec-16 00:32:47

You know guinea pigs are social animals and should ideally live with a piggie companion?

<runs away quickly>

BeaLola Sat 31-Dec-16 00:51:40

I would encourage DSD to stay with MIL for a sleepover and ensure you find batteries for the karaoke in time and that the fur y goes with her - next year she'll buy her a puzzle !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now