Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to go to Disney World on my own, as an adult...?

(55 Posts)
Louis2016 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:09:23

Just that grin I'm so desperate! I have asked some of my closest friends and they have all looked at me like I'm absolutely crazy! So it looks like I'd have to go on my own.

SoleBizzz Fri 30-Dec-16 19:10:52

Yanbu at all!

morningtoncrescent62 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:11:53

YANBU. If you want to go, then go. If you don't want to go on your own/don't fancy travelling solo, have you tried the Thelma and Louise website? (There are probably others, but I don't know of them.)

Lorelei76 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:12:55

YANBU but sadly given the insanity of the world I'd double check that they allow single adults.

I went with friends at 22 and 35 and it was fun. This the LA one. That said we were only there for a day because we were in California anyway.

Ooh I just thought - can you maybe find a tour group that does Disney plus other stuff, then you'll have bar buddies too?

morningtoncrescent62 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:13:54

Ooops, just realised that post might not make sense! The Thelma and Louise website is one you can join, and link up with women who want to go to the same kinds of places as you. I've used it a couple of times and it's gone well, though I'm also quite happy travelling alone.

HSMMaCM Fri 30-Dec-16 19:14:36

You'll have a great time. I've been with family, but would have a great time on my own.

Just remember to budget for the expensive park tickets. Maybe Disney and universal in Florida.

That1950sMum Fri 30-Dec-16 19:14:57

God! I think its odd when people want to go with children!!

Still, if you want to go and can afford it. why not?

fourcorneredcircle Fri 30-Dec-16 19:15:49

YANBU. DH hates roller coasters, I love them. I'm lucky that as a teacher I normally get a couple of trips a year where I don't have to put up with him explaining how/why it all works and what could go wrong (engineer) and spend the day with equally adrenaline chasing teenagers. Love it!

I have a Disney fund that I add random birthday/Christmas cheques or eBay finds to when I don't need the extra cash. Probably won't get to go for decades as I'm pregnant with #1... but it's wonderful to have a long term plan!

SillyMoomin Fri 30-Dec-16 19:16:33

If you want someone to go with you op, I love the Florida Disney world. It's truly epic

WineCheeseSleep Fri 30-Dec-16 19:16:49

YANBU, it would be fun! Queues will be a lot more tolerable without children too.

StrawberryStar Fri 30-Dec-16 19:17:20

I've been on holiday with a group and the wanted to do universal but I didn't so on those days i went off to the Disney parks on my own. I loved it.

Louis2016 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:18:23

Thanks everyone! Fab smile

luckylucky24 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:18:56

I would prefer to go alone than with friends/family. See what you like, when you like and do the rides in your own time.

MiddleClassProblem Fri 30-Dec-16 19:23:00

I wannnnna gooooo!

You'll get to do whatever you like and not what others want etc! Jealous

gluteustothemaximus Fri 30-Dec-16 19:23:33

Lucky lucky lucky you!

That sounds fab. Everything will be x 1 for expenses and you can do whatever you please!

Many a time DH has suggested that just one of us goes as it's too expensive for all 5 of us. He suggests himself of course!

Hope you go and have a lovely time x

HSMMaCM Fri 30-Dec-16 19:24:25

You can go in the single rider queues and save loads of time. Easter time (but not in school holidays) is lovely.

Euphemia Fri 30-Dec-16 19:25:36

I'd love that! DH won't come and DD won't go on rides!

Downbutnotoutyet Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:47

Oh can I come too? Seriously , I'd love to. Pm me if you want but I am totally sane. Except that I'd love to go to Disney with a complete stranger off the internet of course, but that's a minor detail.

QuandryQueen Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:50

I'd love to go alone! Water parks aren't all that social so they'd be better alone, and I'd want no one holding me back in the Harry Potter theme park.

Yep.....I could defiantly do Disney and Universal alone. In a heartbeat.

CaptainHammer Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:51

Yanbu!

I'm on a great Disney group and a lot of adults there have done solo trips smile

MiddleClassProblem Fri 30-Dec-16 19:27:08

Er there's a single cue? They have a cue made for the purpose!

FrancisCrawford Fri 30-Dec-16 19:28:37

Oh yes - go and have a wonderful time.

We were in Florida this summer but had to leave before doing Disney as my DM died. As a consolation I bought DD the Lego Disney castle for Christmas and we spent two days building it. She is 21 and Disney mad - there's no age limit on having fun!

I've even bought special pink fairy lights for it!

TheTantrumCometh Fri 30-Dec-16 19:29:16

Single rider queues are becoming more and more popular. It saves the rides going off with empty seats

LlamaDrama Fri 30-Dec-16 19:30:29

You are definitely not being unfair!

Loads of people do solo trips - try the Dibb forum for loads of advice.

If you haven't been before and are planning your once in a lifetime trip, be prepared - once is definitely not enough!

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 30-Dec-16 19:31:25

I've never been, but a friend of mine has been a few times with his family, but they time it for Halloween for Horror nights at Universal, lots of ideas for drinking around the world/monorail too.
If you want to go, then go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now