Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not make dinner for an adult who is going out to dinner?

(12 Posts)
everymummy Fri 30-Dec-16 18:42:49

DS has just told me he is going out for dinner with friends.

Then he asked what time was dinner, because he was going out (see above).

I said if he was going out with friends for dinner he didn't need me to cook him dinner. He is 19 and home from university.

He is disbelieving that I am not making him a dinner that he will not sit down and eat with us, because he would like to tuck into a second dinner when he gets home late and probably a bit drunk. He thinks I will do it anyway.

I am making sea bass and will have to get an extra pack out if I'm cooking for 3 not 2.

I would cook for him if he wanted to sit with us obviously.

Naoko Fri 30-Dec-16 18:46:02

Not a chance. Tell him to buy a kebab on the way home like any other self respecting drunk teenager. grin

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 30-Dec-16 18:46:26

No, he can make toast and a Pot Noodle like all of the other drunks.

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Fri 30-Dec-16 18:48:47

As long as he doesn't try to cook in the oven when he's pissed! My colleagues soon fell asleep with chips in oven and nearly set fire to them!

SummerHouse Fri 30-Dec-16 18:49:02

Does he not expect you to get up when he gets back and cook it fresh. You need to work on his standards. smile

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Fri 30-Dec-16 18:49:05

*son not soon

dollydaydream114 Fri 30-Dec-16 18:50:12

Sorry, but WTF is wrong with him? He's 19, not 5. Surely he understands that if he's going out for dinner, he's going out for dinner. If he's still hungry when he gets home, he can fix himself a sandwich.

If he's away at university most of the time he's clearly capable of sorting out his own bloody dinner anyway. He's behaving like a spoilt child.

everymummy Fri 30-Dec-16 18:57:39

Exactly! I'm not going to say anything.

The fridge is full of leftovers and sandwich materials.

TitaniasCloset Fri 30-Dec-16 19:00:30

You can't reheat a sea bass later on in the microwave for goodness sakes! Silly boy, sandwiches are fine.

noeffingidea Fri 30-Dec-16 19:12:38

I don't understand. He wants dinner now, then dinner with his mates, thrn another dinner when he gets in? So three dinners ? Nah, one dinner is enough for anyone.
Congratulations on raising a child who likes seabass though smile , thats extremely non fussy eating.

scaryclown Fri 30-Dec-16 19:16:25

tell him you live him, and give him a bit of rubbery plastic to chew whilst you all eat. Let him have some cutlery to play with.

MiladyThesaurus Fri 30-Dec-16 19:22:02

Why on earth would anyone waste a nice bit of sea bass on a post-pub snack for a pissed 19 year old. He needs to go to the chippy/kebab shop on the way home with all his friends

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now