Talk

Advanced search

Fake Shopkins

(11 Posts)
cookieswirls Thu 29-Dec-16 21:40:17

Just realised after watching a YouTube video, that a Shopkins I brought of eBay is fake! I want to return it but have had it for 3 months now. I paid over the odds for it to complete season 1 but am gutted its fake. Aibu to try and return it after so long? Beware Shopkins buyers!!!

sj257 Thu 29-Dec-16 21:41:20

😂

cookieswirls Thu 29-Dec-16 21:49:10

What's so funny?

EveOnline2016 Thu 29-Dec-16 21:55:23

Shopkin is a child toy. If a child don't notice what's the issue

chitofftheshovel Thu 29-Dec-16 21:56:50

What are shopkins?

lilyboleyn Thu 29-Dec-16 21:59:21

Actually, fake toys can be dangerous if they don't meet legal requirements. There have been lots of investigations on tv that show how fake toys can fail fire regulations or can contain dangerous chemicals.
So it might look the same and the child might not notice, Eve, but it could actually be quite dangerous. There might be little sharp bits in it, it might have nasty chemical irritants, or it might not be held together very strongly and so could be a choking hazard.

lauryloo Thu 29-Dec-16 22:01:57

I think you have 120 days to open a paypal dispute

cookieswirls Fri 30-Dec-16 10:57:27

Eve it's my daughter who collects them but even so why would I want her to have fakes! It could actually be dangerous as its really powdery to touch

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 30-Dec-16 10:58:57

How do you tell they are fake?

Have alot of shopping here kids love them..

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 30-Dec-16 10:59:08

Shopkins

GreenTureen Fri 30-Dec-16 11:01:53

If you think it's dangerous then yanbu and you should contact the seller/raise a dispute.

It sounds more like you have an issue about the 'fake' aspect though, in which case yabu and precious - what difference does it make to a child if it's fake if they can't tell the difference? I purposely bought my ds's fake football kits this year after loads of research on sellers and reviews - £20 each from Ebay instead of £70 each from Sports Direct. The quality is excellent, they're indistinguishable from the 'real' thing and the dc know no different. Only difference is i'm £100 up which is win win grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now