Talk

Advanced search

Most annoying present bought for DC for Xmas?

(52 Posts)
vimtoqueen1 Thu 29-Dec-16 18:34:02

What have you bought or been bought for the kids that you find the most annoying?
light hearted
One of ours got a car that goes on its own and plays music - driving me up the wall but both the kids love it !

TeamAlphaFemale Thu 29-Dec-16 18:45:48

My DS got a train set that runs when the driver is in it and stops when th driver comes out. DS puts the driver in then walks away, leaving train choo chooing and toot tooting away for hours. He then gets annoyed when you silence it and puts the driver back in. Is driving me slowly insane!!

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 29-Dec-16 18:49:49

This one is entirely DH's fault.
He saw a penguin run in The Works. You turn it on and the little penguins climb up a staircase and then zoom down a long ramp that goes around a few times. It's quite sweet.
Except it plays the first few bars of the Shaun the Sheep music over and over. You can't turn the music off, if the penguin run is on, the music is on.
Even the toddler got fed up with it.
I had managed to tune it out, then when it got turned off the silence was very odd.

jellyandsoup Thu 29-Dec-16 18:51:28

Dd got a furby!!!!

ohisay Thu 29-Dec-16 18:56:21

Lucy the fucking dog. It yaps and yaps and yaps and rarely does what it says on the box, all I hear is my daughter saying "lucy" a million times over and yap yap bloody yap confused

Ilovecaindingle Thu 29-Dec-16 19:00:55

Nerf guns.
Have developed a nervous twitch every time I hear it...

BrieAndChilli Thu 29-Dec-16 19:05:08

jellyandsoup I feel you pain with the furby!!
We also got a monster struck that is very loud and annoying!
Oh and some musical reindeer pens!

Mari50 Thu 29-Dec-16 19:06:58

Haha, I got my DD bop it, the chewbacca mask and a karaoke machine- wtf was I thinking?

Giraffeski Thu 29-Dec-16 19:07:00

Definitely agree with Lucy the dog!
Got our own backs on friend though by buying a 170cm tall inflatable T-Rex which their child loves!

Lilicat1013 Thu 29-Dec-16 19:07:35

My son got a Lego Scooby Doo DVD in his stocking which has a Lego Friends bit on the the end with a song. He is autistic and get fixated on things, currently he is fixated on the Lego Friends song so he keeps replaying that bit over and over again. It is doing my head in but it is the calmest he has been all day so I have to put up with it.

Whitelisbon Thu 29-Dec-16 19:09:49

A train that, when you push the funnel, choo choos across the floor until it hits something, when it whistles and goes backwards, choo chooing. Fucking thing fell behind the freezer this afternoon while I was feeding dd3, and choo chooed and whistled for about 20 minutes while I developed a twitch, and ds2 screamed "my train, I neeeeeeeeeed my train". Sooner the batteries die the better.

Euripidesralph Thu 29-Dec-16 19:10:07

Bloody nursery had a lucky dip tub in the hallway for Christmas. ..I paid the money and one of the workers helped ds1 choosee while I was sorting ds1

She helped him choose a mini recorder

I knew they hated me there (she was quite apologetic in fairness and looked sheepish aso ds1 marched out the nursery door blowing shrill into it whilst alternating with yelling "I'm going to play this all the way home mummy")

TruJay Thu 29-Dec-16 19:34:20

cigars my mum bought DS a penguin run about 3 years ago and he absolutely loves it, even now. We (my siblings and I) had one when we were little and loved it too but my gosh the music is sooo loud, I wish it had a volume control on it. He's almost 7 now and has a 3 year old sister who also loves the thing. Dh hates it with a vegence and it is kept on top of a high cabinet for periodic use only. He's tried to get rid of it many times but they always notice if it's been moved! Dh curses my mum to this day grin

TenaciousOne Thu 29-Dec-16 19:40:34

TeamAlphaFemale
What's the train set called? It sounds quite cool

leccybill Thu 29-Dec-16 19:53:05

Yy to Lucy the dog. What are we doing wrong?
Poor DD is fed up of repeating Lucy millions of times a day just to get the odd bark in response.

NoTractorsAtTheTable Thu 29-Dec-16 19:55:57

Bop-it is sadly lost....except it's not. It's under the sofa. I know because I put it there <eyelid twitches>

NoTractorsAtTheTable Thu 29-Dec-16 19:56:13

Bop-it is sadly lost....except it's not. It's under the sofa. I know because I put it there <eyelid twitches>

Soubriquet Thu 29-Dec-16 19:58:02

I'm torn between the baby Annabell my mum got dd or the 3 Disney dolls we got dd

Singing Ariel
Sing along Elsa
Hair glow Rapunzel.

There's only so many times I can hear a baby cry or the songs from the 3 dolls before I start pulling my hair out

People also bought ds toot toot veichles. I hate toot toot with a passion and was very careful to buy him cars that dont make noise.

Maudlinmaud Thu 29-Dec-16 19:59:03

jellyandsoup furby here too! It's not cute!

Madshiplollipop Thu 29-Dec-16 19:59:04

A drum. A fucking drum. I am so going to pay back my in laws when they have a baby.

Batteriesallgone Thu 29-Dec-16 20:00:14

Didn't get any annoying presents. Which I am quite sad about. Doesn't feel like Christmas without an annoying song on a loop somewhere in the house.

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 29-Dec-16 20:00:46

For any musical toys place a couple of layers of sellotape over the speaker, it helped tone down the flipping musical books ds1+2 seemed to collect.

RatOnnaStick Thu 29-Dec-16 20:00:55

Ds1 got a Tin of Yuck from his favourite auntie. It contains a fake curly poo, a vial of fake liquid poo, a sticky wobbly splat of fake sick and a rubber spider.

Even he is a bit grossed out by it but the spider has been down everyone's neck in the last 24 hours. Thanks sis! fhmmfenvyfhmm

sdaisy26 Thu 29-Dec-16 20:01:29

Tenacious one I reckon it's the happyland one, we've got it and both my dc love it.

ColourfulOrangex Thu 29-Dec-16 20:02:39

That silly sausage game, honestly I've never heard anything like it and it's so loud

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now