Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be terrified by the Baba Vanga prophecies

(107 Posts)
midlifehope Thu 29-Dec-16 16:54:01

Hello all,

I was randomly looking on the web a few days ago and came across the baba vanga prophecies. The bit about a war in the middle east turning into WWIII and the use of weapons in Europe terrifies me. I would usually dismiss this kind of stuff, but she has predicted many other things correctly in the past. AIBU to consider moving my family to Australasia on the basis of these terrifying predictions?

Mirandawest Thu 29-Dec-16 16:55:04

If there's world war 3 then I imagine there would be no world left at all.

whyhastherumgone Thu 29-Dec-16 16:57:17

She's also got a lot of things incorrect.

Mirandawest Thu 29-Dec-16 16:57:48

Looking at this I'd say that 2016 is nearly over and Europe still
seems to exist.

midlifehope Thu 29-Dec-16 16:58:35

has she Whyhastherumgone? It's freaking me out....

Costacoffeeplease Thu 29-Dec-16 16:58:39

Yabvu

DJBaggySmalls Thu 29-Dec-16 17:00:14

Dont read the Bible, it pretty much says the same thing. If you do go to Australia, avoid the Aum Shinrikyo cult. They've bought a lot of land there and you seem susceptible to handing over all your wordly goods in the search for salvation,
They've already murdered a few people, and theres evidence they built and tested a nuclear device in the Outback.

YouTheCat Thu 29-Dec-16 17:00:21

I predicted Black Monday in the 80s. Do I get a star and a website? grin

Seriously, step away from the internet for a bit.

midlifehope Thu 29-Dec-16 17:00:55

what if her timing is just a bit out though sad sorry, I'm being a worry-wart....

Pollyxcx Thu 29-Dec-16 17:01:38

She also said we'd be traveling at 10 times the speed of light to different worlds in roughly 33 years

Oh and we should have cured AIDS and Cancer by now.

Please don't worry OP

MrsGradyOldLady Thu 29-Dec-16 17:02:34

Well yes her predictions for the next few decades aren't great but just think how awesome living underwater with aliens will be!

midlifehope Thu 29-Dec-16 17:02:50

you seem susceptible to handing over all your wordly goods in the search for

^^ Random!

Ubertasha2 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:02:51

Scared the fuck out of me at first but then again I have major anxiety (and have been advised to stop researching terrorism, diseases, Middle East issues etc etc), and.......not all the predictions were correct.

DJBaggySmalls Thu 29-Dec-16 17:03:59

Not at all random; you wanted to move continents to be safe based on the ramblings of a psychic.

Maudlinmaud Thu 29-Dec-16 17:04:38

She had a bit of a revival when Trump one, I had forgotten all about her.
Don't worry op. There isn't anything you can do about it even if it where true.

Pollyxcx Thu 29-Dec-16 17:05:00

She was staunchly Christian and most of her predictions come from interpreting the bible and/or were made up after her death.

Much like how everyone knew the Krays...everyone has a prophecy that she told them. Chinese whispers OP

MagicMary1 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:06:40

She like most of these people say many vague words and others connect them to events.

Plus 2016 is finished and muslims haven't invaded Europe.

Now Nostradamus is in a whole different league.

Waffles80 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:07:37

Please stop.

If I roll my eyes at you any more than I am, I stand to do myself a significant injury.

Sybys Thu 29-Dec-16 17:16:39

No, YABU, these things are very real.

But the good news is that not all is lost. I am a super-important scientist Prince. For a deposit of just £50,000, I can guarantee you and your family a spot in my WW3-proof shelter, right here in [UK]. The money will be refunded in full the day you move in.

I'll pm you the payment details.

LunaLoveg00d Thu 29-Dec-16 17:17:15

Is this "psychic" related to Rum Baba? Or Barba Papa?

It's all a load of rubbish. Spend the money working on your anxiety issues rather than a move to Aus.

Sybys Thu 29-Dec-16 17:17:34

Aw, was meant to be YANBU. Hopefully I haven't comprised my credibility.

LunaLoveg00d Thu 29-Dec-16 17:19:03

Or is he one of the Vanga Boys?

(sorry, I'll stop now)

midlifehope Thu 29-Dec-16 17:19:04

errr, not sure why you're bringing money into the equation? No one has given or intends to give money to anyone!

MotherFuckingChainsaw Thu 29-Dec-16 17:19:35

SyBys

Count me in!

Wil you send me your bank details (inc PIN nos) so I can pay you

1horatio Thu 29-Dec-16 17:19:58

About as reasonable as being afraid of the Baba Yaga. Or the beast in red riding hood (the one she kills).

So, I think you know my answer. Yes, YABU!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now