Talk

Advanced search

To want to lose baby weight asap

(21 Posts)
SunshineGirl2016 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:38:53

Had DS 5 months ago. Haven't focused on weight loss, been too busy with baby, but now am back at work, desperately want to get rid of the weight. Want to get rid of mum tum! Any advice from everyone out there? I eat well and exercise. Has anyone tried Endermologie or any other weight loss treatment that's non-invasive? Or maybe I should just chill out and the weight will go eventually? What's been your experience with losing the baby weight?

lunchboxtroubles Thu 29-Dec-16 16:40:04

eat less
move more

I know that's a bit simplistic, but don't get sucked into any crap that you buy on the internet. brisk walks with buggy, three meals a day with no snacks and it'll come off gradually.

Bluntness100 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:41:28

Just go on a diet? I thought that you'd just given birth from your thread title. Five months later is fine, just pick a diet that works for you and follow it.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 29-Dec-16 16:42:21

Eat less than you burn. Simple really. Focus on whole foods, and low calorie density foods so you don't feel hungry.

Something like MyFitnessPal or a Fitbit might be a good idea.

SunshineGirl2016 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:46:38

Most of the baby weight has gone, it's the damn mum tum I'm left with that's awful! Grrrrr

Crabbitstick Thu 29-Dec-16 16:52:32

Dieting may not do anything to your stomach. Your abdominal muscles may have separated during pregnancy and could need work to tighten up. Pilates is great for this as it focusses on your core strength.
It can take well over a year for your body to recover from pregnancy so be kind to yourself!

PeachBellini123 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:55:23

Not given birth yet but I second Pilates - great way to strengthen the body.

Ilovecaindingle Thu 29-Dec-16 17:00:34

Proper weighted fitness hula hoop!! From Avon mine was less than a tenner!!

Minimincepies Thu 29-Dec-16 17:23:47

If you try any abdominal exercises make sure you check if you have any separation of the stomach muscles (diastasis recti) as you can accidentally make it worse. I had my baby 6.5 months ago and have lost 2.5st in the last 14 weeks on slimming world, and feel much happier now (well, I did until this weekof Christmas festivities and I'm now rather dreading weigh in!). Loads of walks with the pram too. Good luck!

SunshineGirl2016 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:50:07

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll ramp up the Pilates training I think.

Crabbitstick Thu 29-Dec-16 19:14:01

Yes - second getting checked. A good instructor can do this. I remember a mum friend of mine doing endless sit-ups after birth and she actually caused more damage. It wasn't an appropriate exercise post-baby.

delilahbucket Thu 29-Dec-16 19:15:42

Just to forewarn you, I still have "mum tum" nearly nine years after having ds. It's mostly skin and there is nothing I can about it. I have a collagen issue which has stopped it regaining elasticity. I've had to just accept I will never wear a bikini again sad

MissSmiley Thu 29-Dec-16 19:21:11

Low carb high fat.
Check out dietdoctor.com
Exercise will help you tone up and has other benefits but has very little to do with losing weight.

sailorcherries Thu 29-Dec-16 22:38:47

Eat smarter, not less.
Pick up weights and use them more than cardio.

Gymnopedies Thu 29-Dec-16 22:47:55

There are physio exercises similar to pelvic floor exercises. Draw your belly in and hold for a minute, then release and repeat.

lovelearning Fri 30-Dec-16 06:32:39

Eat sensibly.

Keep your metabolic rate elevated throughout the day.

For motivation and moral support, join the Mumsnet Weight Loss Support Group.

Babypassport Fri 30-Dec-16 06:54:48

Place marking as I had my baby 6 months ago and also have a huge mum tum! Good luck with the weight loss OP

AuntieStella Fri 30-Dec-16 07:08:21

I had a thread a little while ago about how to whittle the waist, and one of the useful suggestions was the fitnessblender YouTube channel. Specifically standing abs for me, but lots to chose from for general conditioning or various targets.

Scarydinosaurs Fri 30-Dec-16 07:15:12

I did the T25 after my second and P90X with my first. T25 was easier and had better results- P90X is too fussy with equipment and different DVDs etc. I roughly followed the diet plan, but not religiously. Felt great, had more energy and mum tum vanished.

annlee3817 Fri 30-Dec-16 09:29:56

My ab muscles split during pregnancy, so am focussing on my core, am 18 months post birth and have recently got into running which I find has really helped with toning up. I lost my weight pretty quickly, but was left with the Mum tum, tbh, I've only just started doing anything about it, there are some good core exercises online. If you lay on the floor with your knees up and then do a crunch you will be able to feel if you ab wall has split, I can fit two fingers between mine.

annlee3817 Fri 30-Dec-16 09:29:57

My ab muscles split during pregnancy, so am focussing on my core, am 18 months post birth and have recently got into running which I find has really helped with toning up. I lost my weight pretty quickly, but was left with the Mum tum, tbh, I've only just started doing anything about it, there are some good core exercises online. If you lay on the floor with your knees up and then do a crunch you will be able to feel if you ab wall has split, I can fit two fingers between mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now