Talk

Advanced search

Illness and visits

(9 Posts)
Mrsweasley123 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:04:10

Due to visit in laws tomorrow with a number of extended family members for a belated Christmas get together. Husbands aunt who is attending started with sickness bug on Tuesday. Not sure how long it lasted but she is planning on attending tomorrow. I have two kids, 1 and 6 who will be coming with, so aibu to not want to attend due to risk of her still being contagious?

maddy68 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:37:22

It's 48 hrs after the illness so she should be ok by now
We have had it all over Xmas. Not pleasant

Ankleswingers Thu 29-Dec-16 10:40:44

Its only Thursday. It started on Tuesday.

I wouldn't. Especially if you are going into her house.

I am emetephobic though.

user1470907755 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:42:40

I wouldn't go but then I have Ibs and sick bugs leave me feeling off for weeks sad

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 29-Dec-16 10:44:39

When did it finish?

It's 48 hours after you last puke or do a bad poo.

PoorAndRich Thu 29-Dec-16 10:44:44

Aunt doesn't live with in laws?

Got ill Tuesday. I'd have thought she'd be over the worst now.

I'd go. With anti bac gel in my pocket to rub on little fingers periodically

Flumplet Thu 29-Dec-16 10:49:59

Anti-bac gel will not protect against Nirovirus, because it's a virus not a bacteria. She may well be over the worst of it herself but could potentially be contagious. I wouldn't risk it personally because I'm very emetaphobic, and have IBS. Boots anti-viral hand foam containing biotrol can help to protect a limited amount along side lots of hand washing.

DailyFail1 Thu 29-Dec-16 11:11:53

Only contagious for 48 hours. I got the bug day before xmas eve but was still able to host xmas and nobody else got it.

Wolfiefan Thu 29-Dec-16 11:15:10

If she hasn't been clear for 48 hours then she shouldn't go. If she goes (selfish!!) then I wouldn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now