Talk

Advanced search

Noisy sex upstairs

(57 Posts)
Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 09:31:40

Dp lives in an apartment, middle floor. The young couple upstairs have taken to having sex in the middle of the night, it's happened every other day this week. Last night it was 4am, loud, bed banging on the floor, and her obviously enjoying herself A LOT. Now whilst I am happy for them and their healthy sex life, and I think they've probably heard us in the past, 4AM?? It was 2am on Boxing Day. I'm at work today and last night they kept me awake for over an hour.

I want to go up there today and politely ask them to keep it down. I don't reckon dp will go for it.

Thoughts?

Stalingrad Thu 29-Dec-16 09:34:37

Leave a gift (eg chocolates) with a polite note saying that you appreciate that some shared noise is inevitable in a flat but could they keep it down between midnight and 6am out of respect for all neighbours.

Bluntness100 Thu 29-Dec-16 09:35:09

I think as it's your partners place you need to let him/her deal with it as they see fit.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Thu 29-Dec-16 09:36:00

Just wait until the noises cease, sit up and give them a really loud round of applause, including cheering. Maybe even whistling. Gets the message across in a humorous, complimentary way.

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 09:39:18

I'd clap but I'm fairly sure she's faking so it seems a bit disingenuous to give her a round of applause.

TheNaze73 Thu 29-Dec-16 09:41:09

If you can't beat them, join them. Just outdo them with the theatrics

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 09:43:05

Nothing would rouse dp in the middle of the night grin

FizzBombBathTime Thu 29-Dec-16 09:45:46

If it's not your apartment it's not really up to you to go round there. Your partner either needs to say something or leave it.

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 09:46:42

I think I was liking for opinions on whether it's appropriate to say something, rather than focusing on who says it.

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 09:46:56

Looking

Spartak Thu 29-Dec-16 09:49:10

I'd start banging on the ceiling with a broom handle or something in the middle of the night. Couldn't be doing with being kept awake.

FizzBombBathTime Thu 29-Dec-16 09:49:14

I want to go up there today and * politely ask them to keep it down. I don't reckon dp will go for it.

Just went by what you said in your op.

Well say to your do that it's keeping you up and would he mind saying something. If he doesn't want to there's not a lot you can do

FizzBombBathTime Thu 29-Dec-16 09:49:37

Dp*

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 09:55:06

Maybe tonight I'll just shout, 'SHUT UP!!!!' in the general direction of the ceiling smile

pipsqueak25 Thu 29-Dec-16 09:58:17

sounds a bit fake and poss for your benefit if you aren't 'so frequent' i'd probably cheer or whoop tbh, but them i'm like that grin. if it is disturbing you dp should say something..polite.
do you live together ? if not and you stay over sometimes, may be your stays will reduce as you can't sleep with the noise...just a thought

moongirl123 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:01:33

I've had the same problem, and I confronted the guy. First time it was funny, third, fourth, wasn't that funny anymore. Plus when we asked another neighbour they thought it was us!

moongirl123 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:01:47

I've had the same problem, and I confronted the guy. First time it was funny, third, fourth, wasn't that funny anymore. Plus when we asked another neighbour they thought it was us!

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 10:13:14

We don't live together, no, but I am here a lot, and so are the dc. I'm glad they aren't here this week to listen to it. I just think it's incredibly inconsiderate. Have sex, by all means, shag each other's brains out, but just not at 4am or in the middle of the night on a regular basis. Dp says because 'we were at it' last night maybe they were 'getting us back'. Well yes dp, we were 'at it' hmm at 11pm like normal people!!

ChristmasTreeKisses Thu 29-Dec-16 10:18:42

PinkJenny yes I would say something.

peggyundercrackers Thu 29-Dec-16 10:19:19

whats the matter with shagging at 4am? hmm

daddyorscience Thu 29-Dec-16 10:20:23

We had this in one of our flats..A round of applause it was, and on the way out one morning on the shared landing, I did ask how many weetabix he had...smile Buy a cheap gag, leave it outside the door?

RandomMcRandomer Thu 29-Dec-16 10:22:16

whats the matter with shagging at 4am?

A lot when you wake the whole apartment block up.

I would put an anonymous note under the door. In a block they won't know who it is but hopefully they will get a few and shut the hell up.

UnGoogleable Thu 29-Dec-16 10:23:56

When you say they might be getting you back when you were at it - are you saying you were equally loud?

I suggest you tone it down yourselves if you think they've had to listen to you shagging. And yes, go with a broom handle to bang on the ceiling or a round of applause to let them know that you can hear them. They might be mortified enough to tone it down.

abbsisspartacus Thu 29-Dec-16 10:27:08

Change the name on your WiFi? There was someone on here ages ago and there neighbours WiFi was something like wecanhearyouhavingsex?

Pinkjenny Thu 29-Dec-16 10:27:21

Maybe a note is the way to go. I don't feel especially rational about it today because I'm shattered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now