Talk

Advanced search

To think my father isn't my father?

(2 Posts)
tigerlilly0404 Wed 28-Dec-16 21:16:44

Some background my parents should divorced when I was very young. I have siblings who all look the same whereas I look different (I know that can be totally normal however) I do not look like ether parents.

I've always felt that my father doesn't treat me the same but always put it down to siblings being closer whereas I live further away.

Roll on to current day and my DS has been told he has a genetic condition, a mild one but genetic none the less. I do not have it. I spoke to DF who having spoken to a sibling of mine who claims to have it too..... my DF response was 'see it must be from your mother's side' his comment has only made my speculations worse!

DF has always made out my DM was always having affairs.
My DM claims to be 100 percent sure I'm his.

Not really sure how to talk to DF without hurting him.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 29-Dec-16 19:20:54

Do you need to know? Will it make you feel better/different?

The only reason i'd want to know is for genetic health concerns but if you're already aware of your DS's then I would question deeply why this is important to you and what you want to do with this information.

Do you want to reach out to a potential other person, do you want to risk hurting your DF? Imho- your father is the chap who brought you up... this other person (if there is one) has done Sweet F.A.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now