Talk

Advanced search

To not prep before beauty appt?

(11 Posts)
fledglingFTB Wed 28-Dec-16 21:04:36

I've booked a pedicure, leg & bikini as I've really let things slip. Other than an occasional trim I haven't epilated in fucking months a while.

WIBU to go to my appt as I am, what's the etiquette? Or is it like when people clean before their cleaner comes round...hmm

wonderingsoul Wed 28-Dec-16 21:06:45

Persinally ud have a bath before going.. clean socks etc but thats it.

MaidOfStars Wed 28-Dec-16 21:11:24

IME, waxing isn't very efficient if the hair is too long - it seems to break off rather than rip out. Could just be me though. So depending on rate of growth, I might plan to shave at some point beforehand.

fledglingFTB Wed 28-Dec-16 21:12:09

Oh god yes, of course! I'm not unhygienic, it's just body hair. Ugh. That'd be gross.

fledglingFTB Wed 28-Dec-16 21:28:50

Can't find my trimmer head so that's solved that for me grin

DailyFail1 Wed 28-Dec-16 23:52:47

I always get told by my beautician to let my leg hair really grow out between visits as it doesn't grow very fast & I have varicose veins so she believes that waxing off longer hair is more protective to my skin. If your beautician can't handle a bit of overgrown body hair then you should get another one.

haveacupoftea Wed 28-Dec-16 23:54:36

Better too long than too short as if too long they will trim for you.

OnTheUp13 Thu 29-Dec-16 00:06:57

As long as your clean I don't see the problem! My beautician tells me off if I pluck the odd beard brow hair

Loaferloveforyou Thu 29-Dec-16 00:52:25

I'm confused, if you are having a wax why shave before hand? Have I missed the point?

fledglingFTB Thu 29-Dec-16 10:04:37

I'm nearing the point of being able to plait said leg hair Loafer. So I wanted to know if I should feign an air of togetherness with a closed trim. Also was worried wax would be no match for my leg thatch atm.

After all the replies I'm going to risk it. If the beautician can't hack it I'll go elsewhere.

I once had my bikini done by someone who clearly didn't want to be doing that kind of thing, she apologised all the way through it. Mortifying!

SheldonsSpot Thu 29-Dec-16 10:06:42

If you're going for waxing then (especially on legs) the longer the hair, the better. They'll trim if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now