Talk

Advanced search

Childminder or crèche

(5 Posts)
mum19821985 Wed 28-Dec-16 20:14:43

Hiya, I am thinking about hiring a childminder for one day per week to look after my two DS's. Not because I have to work but to have a day in the house to clean/organise and have some time to myself! Has anyone done this? I feel like it would help my sanity to have this break and i could bring some order to our extremely chaotic and messy house! I am also a writer/artist and it would give me precious time to work. I have never put my children into childcare before.

Daisyfrumps Wed 28-Dec-16 20:20:12

Yes - we didn't srrictly need her 15 free funded hours from 3yo but it gave her a chance to have some fun in a home-from-home early years setting and it gave me a break!

DailyFail1 Wed 28-Dec-16 23:55:23

Rather than a CM have you considered a daycare/pre-school type arrangement? Classes are more structured & they'll get to play with other kids too.

Caterina99 Fri 30-Dec-16 02:52:37

How old are your kids? I'd do a preschool/nursery as they get organized activities with other kids out of it too if they are toddlers or older. Babies probably childminder is better, but it really depends on what's available near you and what suits you

Caterina99 Fri 30-Dec-16 02:54:38

And I'm a sahm (although I will be working 2 days a week from feb). DS 18m started nursery 2 days a week a few weeks ago to get him settled in. I love having the free time and he seems to enjoy it! If you afford it then go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now