Talk

Advanced search

to want to stove his silly smug head in over a bowl of piffling muesli??

(14 Posts)
Greensleeves Tue 20-Feb-07 11:41:52

I am on a diet, so rarely eat anything that yields any real pleasure, IYSWIM. DH knows perfectly well that the only meal I really enjoy is my (plain, Sainsburys value, 57p/kg) muesli with apple juice on it.

So this morning I come down, put my muesli in my bowl, only to find that the apple juice has all been drunk . Not a big deal, if there isn't much left I'm more than happy for the kids/dh to have it, it's not reserved or anything!! but I did express mild regret at the fact that I was going to have to have water on my muesli.

Cue dh sniggering spitefully. And when I said "That's so mean, what have I don't to you? Do I laugh at you when you are upset?" he just laughed all the more. In fact even when he apologised he was smirking.

AIBU to want to bury a meat cleaver in the back of his stupid smug skull?

Greensleeves Tue 20-Feb-07 11:43:30

done to you, not don't to you

I must have a bit of bran lodged in my brain

foxtrot Tue 20-Feb-07 11:46:58

As it's pancake day i would hit him over the head with a frying pan.

Greensleeves Tue 20-Feb-07 11:49:11

Now that's a damn fine idea

Rhian101 Tue 20-Feb-07 11:53:00

Surely that's a decapitating offence.

ernest Tue 20-Feb-07 11:54:57

can't you go crazy and put milk on your muesli? OMG I cannot believe you would eat muesli with apple juice even, never mind water. What diet are you on? I'm amazed you could stick to it for 1 day. I def. couldn't. I am open jawed, and feel a mixture of sadness and admiration for you. Blimey.

As for dh, kick him in the goolies. Then smirk as you apologise.

Greensleeves Tue 20-Feb-07 11:58:54

Well, I am very mildly intolerant of cows milk, so I try to keep it to a minimum, although I don't exclude it altogether (am a closet cheese fiend for one thing). We have soya milk and cows' milk which I could use, but I actually prefer apple juice on muesli. Water was going a bit far though

I am still annoyed with him for laughing, how petty am I?

ernest Tue 20-Feb-07 12:01:40

frying pan in the goolies?

Greensleeves Tue 20-Feb-07 12:02:52

I have just the frying pan, a nice nippy little one with a cast-iron bottom

Pavlovthecat Tue 20-Feb-07 12:06:53

You most certainly are NOT being unreasonable. I often feel that way when my DP alughas at my misfortunes. he does it regularly, and the more annoyed I get the funnier he finds it. The woirst thing is that I find myself smiling, when I do not find it in the least bit amusing, but smiles are contagious, so he thinks I find it funny also, I get more angry, and he finds it funnier, viscious circle that inevitably ends in me wanting to hit over the head with a pan...

FioFio Tue 20-Feb-07 12:08:05

Message withdrawn

kiskidee Tue 20-Feb-07 12:21:16

i would be raving mad too. esp since i can't imagine having muesli with apple juice. i would go on kitchen strike. he can eat whatever you are having your the next week or 2.

Greensleeves Tue 20-Feb-07 12:23:26

Ooooh, kiskidee, he wouldn't like that One Little Bit

kiskidee Wed 21-Feb-07 12:38:32

so what did you do greeny?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: