Talk

Advanced search

'my home is watching me' no. i'm not on the [wine] yet

(10 Posts)
pipsqueak25 Wed 28-Dec-16 09:10:25

sorry , don't know how to link, but this is on the bbc tech website,
some senior it guy has wired his house up with cctv, monitoring, etc to control many aspects of family energy consumption.
it even monitors 'adult activities and carbon out put' [sic] er.. that's called having sex yes ?
very clever but a house that could run itself and that is what he aims for in the neat future, sounds like something out of the 'terminator' films, all the tech is protected by a bank style fire wall in case it gets hacked, wtf ?
so wise people of mn land would you like this set up ???

Boundaries Wed 28-Dec-16 09:13:36

No!

I even find the oven timer a bit controlling..

<burns breakfast>

VeryBitchyRestingFace Wed 28-Dec-16 09:13:46

it even monitors 'adult activities and carbon out put'

Carbon out put from adult activities or as distinct from adult activities?

pipsqueak25 Wed 28-Dec-16 09:47:57

very it's about sex, he suggests that the house might be able to gauge when a midwife is needed in the future -urgh , some of this is abit pervy imo

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 28-Dec-16 09:54:09

Reminds me of a film years ago where a techie does just that and the house takes over. The computer intelligence traps the techie's wife in the house and impregnates her so that she gives birth to a sentient version of the computer.

Scared me shitless. My cousin has a thumbprint lock on his front door. No way, I'm not starting down that route!

abbsisspartacus Wed 28-Dec-16 09:57:53

My stair rail watches me

ItShouldHaveBeenJingleJess Wed 28-Dec-16 10:06:11

abbsiss. What are you doing to make your stair rail look so shocked?!

abbsisspartacus Wed 28-Dec-16 10:10:38

grin I was cleaning looked around and there it was!

RebootYourEngine Wed 28-Dec-16 10:50:07

abb haha

Limebritzer Wed 28-Dec-16 11:00:38

Our house has quite a lot of automation and we're always tinkering and creating/buying new stuff for it, so love that kind of stuff, but wouldnt want cctv or monitoring of carbon output that aspect sounds creepy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now