Talk

Advanced search

Need a holiday to look forward to?

(7 Posts)
noenergy Wed 28-Dec-16 08:55:21

Feeling down and have no energy these days. DC 5 and 3 off school n preschool. Always annoying each other, so quite draining having them off n at home. Also have a 2 year old. And to top it off am not sleeping well, have been waking up at 3/4 am and not being able to sleep again for the last month or so.

This morning have been on TripAdvisor researching hotels. Ended up narrowing destination to Antalya as many of hotels have water parks, kids clubs, cinemas, bowling and funfairs at them. So enough to keep DC occupied. And hopefully I can go shopping for handbags!!!
Has anyone been? How have u found it?

Thinking of Easter or early July. Would love to go now but too cold n most of these resorts r closed at this time of year.

TheSnowFairy Wed 28-Dec-16 09:00:12

We did Lykia World (Fethiye) in April a couple of years ago, weather was 32 during the day, was lovely. Pools were cold and temperature dropped sharply in the evening but daytime was wonderful. Would recommend, and kids clubs were brilliant wink

NavyandWhite Wed 28-Dec-16 09:03:59

Honestly, I wouldn't go to Turkey. I have been many years ago and it was lovely but would steer clear now. If you do decide Easter would be very iffy weather wise. I went in May and the weather was just about ok, spells of rain with some sunshine.

What about Tenerife etc?

Birdsgottafly Wed 28-Dec-16 09:05:49

I've had friends that have gone there (my children were older than theirs, now Adults) and they've all enjoyed the holiday. There seemed to be stuff to do, for everyone.

I'd try to get to the cause of you not sleeping, separately, though.

noenergy Wed 28-Dec-16 16:08:45

Think its a case of being over tired, will give it till new year to c if it settles or will go to doctors.

Have been researching holiday all day and getting excited.

NavyandWhite Wed 28-Dec-16 16:19:21

Lanzarote is supposed to be nice OP.

Mulberry72 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:26:17

We go to Turkey as we have friends over there in Olu Deniz, we've been at Easter and the weather has always been a bit iffy at that time. We prefer to go July/August when it's roasting, although I realise that this isn't for everyone especially with young children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now