Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be furious with dh ex wife

(34 Posts)
RhiannonnDontGo Wed 28-Dec-16 08:52:24

For breaking out of the stereotype of etc wives being crazy/twisted/spiteful and actually being really lovely and buying a Christmas present for our ds (her dc's baby brother) a well thought out present as well that he loves!
How dare she.

RhiannonnDontGo Wed 28-Dec-16 08:55:38

Ex not etc!

VeryBitchyRestingFace Wed 28-Dec-16 08:57:05

How sweet. fsmile Obviously very mature.

There is precedent though. My mum had a friend whose husband left her for a younger model. Friend used to knit clothes for their baby and actually babysat for them when the baby arrived ("it's not the child's fault").

TurtleCavalryIsSeriousShit Wed 28-Dec-16 08:57:09

Hasn't she read the script?? shock

How awful for you grin

TurtleCavalryIsSeriousShit Wed 28-Dec-16 08:57:51

It is actually so nice to hear stories like this though

Lolimax Wed 28-Dec-16 08:59:27

Whoops. I took my DSS shopping for his DM's Christmas presents. And she sent me a lovely text to say thank you. Some women huh?

Manumission Wed 28-Dec-16 08:59:49

Most people aren't actually stereotypes.

Always nice to hear confirmation, though. Especially on here.

Muddlingthroughtoo Wed 28-Dec-16 09:00:32

That's terrible! What are you meant to moan about? Has she not read the exw handbook? Or maybe you haven't read the new partner leaflet and you haven't done enough to piss her off. Have you been enough of a bad step mum? Maybe it's you that's the problem? You have been too grown up and accommodating!

ChampagneCommunist Wed 28-Dec-16 09:00:35

I have one of these too. We go out together & even stay with each other. We need to get the script, don't we?

pissingglitter Wed 28-Dec-16 09:01:27

Until he died recently, my ex DH and I used to always spend Christmas Day with our DC's and my DH. We used to buy each other presents

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 28-Dec-16 09:01:46

Hasn't she read the script?? grin

Seriously though, I wish it was always like this. Really made me smile.

Ohdearducks Wed 28-Dec-16 09:02:51

My ex hasn't settled down yet, but when he does any new half siblings will be treated with kindness and will be welcome in our home and included as a family member, including their mum if she's comfortable with that.
Break ups are shit but sometimes it doesn't have to be shit forever

RhiannonnDontGo Wed 28-Dec-16 09:13:24

I know, she's such a bitch, imagine giving me nothing to moan about!
Jokes aside she is a lovely woman and the way she includes my ds in everything is heartwarming. She even spoke about getting him a travel cot so he could stay at hers with his brother and sister. She came to visit me in hospital when he was born with the dsc and her partner. I even overheard her talking about me with regards to the dsc saying "well rhiannonn is just like another parent to them".

usernamealreadytaken Wed 28-Dec-16 09:25:12

You are very lucky, she sounds like a warm and lovely lady, as do you. So refreshing to hear after living through twenty years of psycho bitch from hell (DH nickname for her, not mine!)

xinchao Wed 28-Dec-16 09:38:57

This is absolutely fabulous and as the child of a very unhappy divorce - bravo all round!

Bobsmum02 Wed 28-Dec-16 09:48:52

What a bitch!

Does she do lessons on how to let go of the bitterness and twisted resentment...my dh's ex could do with a few classes to say the least!!

SemiNormal Wed 28-Dec-16 09:49:07

Sounds like me with my exs partners. There are 4 women and 4 children (well, the 4th is due very soon). None of us have met the 4th woman yet but the other 3 of us are all friends on Facebook, meet up and have family days out so the kids can bond and have a relationship. We'd be more than welcoming to victim woman number 4 if ever she wanted to be in touch but she's with ex partner and ex partner is not in touch with any of the previous women or children.

ClopySow Wed 28-Dec-16 09:51:02

Outrageous!

I'm one of those too. I bought my childrens stepmum and half sister christmas presents. I'm hanging my head in shame.

Even worse, she is a lovely step mum and our text conversations to make arrangements for the children are always jokey and friendly and end with a smile and xx

All this despite the fact that my ex hasn't communicated with me for about 4 months because i am the devil.

Whatsername17 Wed 28-Dec-16 10:05:55

I love stories like this. I know it isn't always possible and I don't know how I'd be if I were in the same situation, but it must be really nice for the kids involved.

CallMeMaybe Wed 28-Dec-16 10:12:39

Unfortunately i think there are a lot of men out there who feel the need to paint their ex's as bitches though, the actual bitches notwithstanding, and as such there are probably far less psycho ex's than we imagine.

I bought presents for my ex's partner and children on behalf of my DC Because they were at school and I was out shopping. Unfortunately though my ex has told them that his DP and DC must never know that I shopped on their behalf as this would upset them. hmm the new DP definitely has been led to believe that I am a psycho, and my ex plays up to this by having perfectly civilised conversations with me when he's at work, and refusing to acknowledge me in the street when he's out with her.

Maltropp Wed 28-Dec-16 10:15:31

Me and DP gave ex H and GF a bottle of fizz for Xmas, they gave me a nice bottle of wine for me and DP too and his GF drove my kids over to mine on Xmas day as Ex H had drunk too much to drive and kids didn't want to walk. I always buy ex and gf a gift from holidays where he's had the kids so I can go away with just DP and vice versa.

Olympiathequeen Wed 28-Dec-16 10:20:43

Why did they divorce not really gossip hungry question

Just curious?

RichardBucket Wed 28-Dec-16 10:22:49

She doesn't spend all YOUR maintenance money on doing her nails and hair?!

No, I'm sorry, I don't believe you!

SoupDragon Wed 28-Dec-16 10:23:41

It's all your own fault for not being a heartless bitch faced OW.

Saracen Wed 28-Dec-16 10:31:39

Shocking. What will you be able to discuss on MN?

Please tell me that you have the MIL from hell, or that your neighbours park across your drive on a regular basis. That would be some consolation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now