Talk

Advanced search

To feel like this??

(15 Posts)
sugarpeach Tue 27-Dec-16 22:17:52

Sorry for this stupid thread.
I constantly feel anxious. I have emetophobia and various people have been unwell over Christmas. I am having hypnotherapy but so far it has not helped.
My DD is 10 months and has a virus and I am anxious. I feel so helpless.
Everytime I see her stir in the cot I feel myself getting anxious.
I dread night time incase she wakes up (she is normally a pretty good sleeper but lets out a few random cries every now and then)
I hate it when my DSD's come to stay and I get anxious.
I am dreading going back to work after maternity leave ends.
I hate the fact I can never find the time to workout anymore.
I love my daughter and enjoy being with her. I love her overwhelmingly so. My OH is great too.
I told my OH how I felt tonight (not DSD bit) and he said I was doing a great job and not to be so hard on myself.

Does anyone else feel like this? I have a lovely home, partner and daughter and don't really know why I feel like crying all the time.

MyPeriodFeatures Tue 27-Dec-16 22:34:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

KurriKurri Tue 27-Dec-16 22:34:14

It's not a stupid thread at all. It's along time since I was a new mum, but what you are experiencing sounds very hard to cope with and beyond the usual tiredness and anxiety that goes with having a young baby.

I would very much suggest you talk to your GP, you may well have some form of post natal depression or post natal anxiety. Both of which are treatable, and you could soon be feeling very much better. If you find it hard to speak about, copy out your post and give it to your GP written down.

I hope you feel better soon flowers

KurriKurri Tue 27-Dec-16 22:35:51

Please ignore the previous post about the lindham method I have reported it, it is someone trying to flog something you don;t need.

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 27-Dec-16 22:37:15

Did/do you suffer with PND?

My DD is 9 months and I feel some of the things you've described but I usually manage to "give myself a talking to" which is why I ask if you've suffered from PND. I think it's normal to feel how you do but it's how you deal with the feelings. I'm sure somebody with more experience will come along soon though.

flowers

ViewBasket Tue 27-Dec-16 22:38:36

I agree with Kurri's recommendation to see your GP.

flowers

sugarpeach Tue 27-Dec-16 22:45:05

Thank you so much for replying.
I have not suffered with PND. Can it come suddenly once your baby is older?
I am going to take your advice and call doctor tomorrow for an appointment. I feel like I just want to go to sleep for like a week and rest. My DD is great too, not normally a handful.
I just feel tired and on edge my mouth is full of mouth ulcers and I feel run down.
Thank you for the flowerssmile

sugarpeach Tue 27-Dec-16 22:45:49

Champagne have you recently started feeling this way? flowers

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 27-Dec-16 22:50:18

Again there'll be people better qualified to reply but I'm sure it can come later on.

Being tired won't help, and with DD being 10 months I'm guessing you're approaching the end of mat leave-that's a big thing too. I started working PT when DD was 7 months (couldn't go back to my FT position because of DH's hours so I looked for a new job and one came up sooner than expected!) and for me it's not been anywhere near as painful as I thought it would be leaving her. TBH after a week I was fine (can only speak for myself though!)

It sounds like you're exhausted and run down and generally feeling a bit low. Your dp is right-don't be so hard on yourself. flowers

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 27-Dec-16 22:53:13

I've felt like it on and off since she was born. I feel guilty for everything sometimes, then I'm easygoing other times! There's no telling how I'll feel each day. I hate how I look now too, and I've really overdone it this Christmas with the food etc so I'm fed up about that.

This morning I was really at the end of my tether-dd is teething and she's got a cold and I just felt as if I couldn't cope. Yet last week I was up all night while she was poorly and I just got on with it. Honestly I don't know which way I'll go some days! You're not alone-it's tough.

sugarpeach Tue 27-Dec-16 22:58:52

What you have said sounds just like me. Sometimes I feel like super mum, today I have felt weak and like I cannot cope.
Lately it has been more of the latter.

I feel fat too. I never have time to work out anymore. Too tired to get up early to do it and by the time OH gets home I am doing the bed time routine with DD and then I am knackered. I am a size 10, but an out of shape size 10.

I am going back to work in a demanding job full time on 3rd January. I hope I will appreciate a bit of adult time and it won't be so bad.

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 27-Dec-16 23:06:43

I'm a size 12/14 at the minute-I had a PT before I got pregnant but I don't have the time or money to do that now. I have gym membership but I never go. My brother took some photos of me, dd and DH on xmas day (her first Christmas!) and I looked so fat I deleted them all sad so we don't have a first family Christmas photo.

I like the adult time working gives me. DH has a demanding job and works long hours so when I was on mat leave I spent 14 hours a day by myself with DD and it was tough.

I could be wrong and I'd still speak to your gp but I suspect the way we feel is normal but because you're returning to work soon you feel a lot more anxious. You may start to feel better once you settle back at work.

If you ever need a chat feel free to PM me flowers

Milkand2sugarsplease Tue 27-Dec-16 23:29:27

I can wholeheartedly sympathise with the emetophobia. My anxiety over this has (and always is) heightened tenfold over these winter months when there is all sorts going around.
DH has a temp tonight and is cold/shivery. He was the same on Friday last week but has been better over the weekend til today and I'm a nervous wreck now.

I've come to the conclusion that while no-one could actually say they 'like' vomit, it's also impossible to understand the fear if they don't have it. Since I had my son I've made a friend who has the same fear so we try to support each other but I'm moving closer and closer to going to the doctor about it.

sugarpeach Thu 29-Dec-16 21:27:16

Thank you again everyone for your messages, so kind.

I had a bit of a melt down today and told OH how I feel in more depth.

Emetophobia is something that can rule your life. I am going to GP so will update you all on how it goes.

ViewBasket Thu 29-Dec-16 21:49:00

Glad you're going to the GP, do keep us updated.

I have not suffered with PND. Can it come suddenly once your baby is older?

Yes, PND can come on any time within a year after giving birth. And of course anyone can suffer from depression/anxiety at any time in life. It may be those, or just that you're run down, but that's for the GP to decide.

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now