Talk

Advanced search

aibu to feel a bit left out..

(6 Posts)
mumofthreesmallmen3 Tue 27-Dec-16 20:46:28

I'm feeling a bit left out at the moment..i saw my family over xmas, I have 3 siblings we all have partners, kids etc. I didn't go earlier in the day to see the family but went late afternoon after they had all been there a bit longer than me.
once my brother had left my mum made a point to ring him and say she forgot to ask him but they were all planning to go and see a show in a few months time and did he want to go.Nobody has asked me if I would like to go on this family outing, she turned and smiled to me after the phone call!!
I'm going to ask why I have not been invited, I just feel a bit left out, aibu to feel like this, it just hurt a bit they were all discussing buying tickets but I wasn't included!

Aeroflotgirl Tue 27-Dec-16 20:50:48

Yes say to your mum, that you would like to go too.

mumonashoestring Tue 27-Dec-16 20:53:06

Why not just say 'sounds fun, do you know you haven't invited me either?'

Enidblyton1 Tue 27-Dec-16 20:58:00

Just ask.
My Mil recently took us to the theatre and left out siblings. Last year they went to the opera without us. You don't have to all be involved in everything, but sad if you feel left out. Maybe suggest you do something with them next time?

BackforGood Tue 27-Dec-16 21:01:26

YABU to not just say at the time.
This is your mother - why wouldn't you just say at the time? confused

haveacupoftea Tue 27-Dec-16 22:03:32

She probably thinks if youd like to go you would have mentioned it? It wasnt exactly a secret?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now